It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 am

Post subject: Long Arm Suspension for Nissan
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:11 pm 
Forum User

Okay, I was reading some articles in a 4-wheeling mag the other day at the gunnery range (I had some downtime between shoots) and saw some pics of a Toyota 4-Runner with a CHERRY looking Long Arm Suspension kit for the front end. Looked absolutely gorgeous. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of such a thing being done/worked on for XTerra's? And if not, anyone know any companies (ie. SLR, Calmini, etc...) who we could bring up this oversight to???? I want one!!! :twisted:

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:46 pm 
was it a dark green new style 4R? if so that is "Goodtimes" rig over on ultimateyota.com The kit is made by total chaos and includes that arms, coilovers, longer CV halfshafts, etc.. pretty slick setup. Im not sure if they do any nissan stuff, but you might wanna contact them about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:14 pm 
Forum User

Is this what you're talking about ? Linky

If so, if that's not expensive enough, it doesn't include the shock hoops, coilover springs, orrrr longer axles you need or the higher fenders. Although you could do this your self for about $3000 it's still cheaper than a SAS.

Jeep TJ - Lifted like everybody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:48 pm 
Supporting Member

MemorEsto wrote:
Is this what you're talking about ? Linky

If so, if that's not expensive enough, it doesn't include the shock hoops, coilover springs, orrrr longer axles you need or the higher fenders. Although you could do this your self for about $3000 it's still cheaper than a SAS.

By the time you buy all the stuff need for the whole thing you are looking at closer to $5000. I called them and priced it out with them a little over a year ago.

The stuff is nice, but more needed in the desert running style of wheeling than the stuff we do out here.

Still, it would be a great mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:46 am 
Forum User

Yeh, I believe it was the long arm suspension. And yes it was the dark green 4Runner. Very nice ride. I just wish I could get some more lift/clearance in the front than SLR or Calmini's 3" offers. There has to be a way. I refuse to believe that when SkyJacker is making 12" lifts for full size trucks that no one on the planet can make more than a 3" for an XTerra.

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:19 am 
Forum User

Been thinking the same thing since I started this X project.... My Chevy was a IFS and I had no problem getting a 6" lift....and with the Gen II's you'd think more company's would jump on building a cheaper coilover system for the front of the Gen I. Anyway to space the UCA further and just extend certain things.?

Jeep TJ - Lifted like everybody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:56 pm 
Forum User

the only problem with that is that if you extend just the UCA, you start to create way to many camber issues which could bind up tie rods and what not. you've gotta have the LCA's as well. If your gonna do that, then get new half-shafts, tie-rod extensions, knuckle joints, and/or coilovers ya know?

An SAS is an option, but so much freakin work. Not to mention you've got the front dif sittin in the way.

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:48 pm 
I REALLY like the total chaos long travel coil over conversion for our rigs.... I don't see myself every doing it because crazy exspensive.... But would LOVE to have it.... Don't see myself every SASing either...