It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 am

Post subject: tires, window tint
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:25 pm 
I have 17 inch rims on my X right now I want to go with a better tire for off road I have bridgestone duelers all season right now. Can anyone recommend a tire with out having to go down a size or something that is not going to rub. I had to shave off underneath the plastic molding by the tire due to it rubbing when I turn the steering wheel. Also I heard there is some changes to window tinting for New York State. There was a change in 1991 and then they made a change in 1993?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:38 pm 
Forum User

Dunno about tint...

As for the tires, what type of driving are you mostly doing? Will you be doing a lot of offroad? Mostly highway, occasional offroading? Just around town? etc.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:46 pm 
city, highway and occasional offroad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:18 am 
Forum User

I have BFG AT KO's 265/70/17 . I took the mud flaps of and had to pull out the front bumper a little to avoid rubbing. (After BL and PML no rubbing at all) Although the tires were a little over $800 soooo

Jeep TJ - Lifted like everybody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:00 am 
Forum User

I'm running the Maxxis Bighorns but in a 265/75/16. I believe they make them for the 17" wheels as well though. Those tires are EXCELLENT on mileage as well as off-road. And they are relatively cheap.

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:19 pm 
when i went and had my windows done, they told me the nys law for front windows is it has to allow 70% of the light to shine through, so basically theres no tint at all, i personally did a 22% to match the fronts to the backs, shouldnt have any problems with it

Backs windows can be anything you want it to be :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:14 pm 
Thats what I have been hearing also. I remeber along time ago it was 5% all windows in the back and 35% on driver and passenger windows. Im probably going to go with 35% its not to dark they can still see in. Plus when I do drive home every august for my state inspection they wont bother me Hopefully. Last year when I was home they were conducting a seat belt check point and they told me that I had to remove my Department of Defense Stickers off my windshield because it was obstructing my view, and my stickers are in the middle of my windshield at the top. I said sir if I remove them I cant get back on the military base. So he made me scrape them off because my truck wouldnt pass inspection due to the DOD stickers. Oh well what can you do anyway thanks for the info on the window tint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:24 pm 
no problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:39 pm 
Forum User

Hey, that was total B.S. about the DOD sticker. I've got one too (Ft Drum), and haven't heard a peep about it as far as inspections go. I think the guy was just confused.... go figure?

"Sappers eat their dead!"