It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 pm

Post subject: Rear View Measurement
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:23 pm 
Forum User

Could anyone who has not had to replace their front windshield measure from the top of the glass to the top of the rear view mirror mount. I had the windshield replaced and they had mounted the rear view mirror too high and I want to get it corrected. This is kind of important for a mod I have planned out (MGT Blendmount and SG2). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:54 pm 
Forum User

In my 04, it's 1.25" from the top of the windsheild to the top of the mirror mount.

I'll measure the 02 later on today, and see if they are the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:59 pm 
Forum User

Well Anthony you know exactly what I am planning on. Does that 1.25" give you a 1.5" gap between the overhead lights and the mirror for the MGT mount and the SG2 guage?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:14 pm 
Forum User

Nope.

In the truck with autodimming/compas mirror there is about a 1/2" clearance between the mirror and the lights

In th truck with the standard mirror there is about 1" clearance.

(Both trucks have the mount in the same place on the windshield)

My guess that it would have to be somewere around 2" down from the top to clear the Scangauge.

I'd suggest taking the mirror off the mounting and test fitting the scanguage to see where the mirror mount would line up... then mark it with a grease pen or erasable marker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:55 pm 
Forum User

OK was bored today @ work and happened to find the Nissan measurement. (5.70 inches - 144.9 mm)
Anthony if you are correct in your quoted measurement (less mirror facade it seems) you have had a replacement windshield done since the ASI limit arrow is what most shops set it to (from what I have been told to date). And I was more curious due to having the auto dimming mirror and not enough space after a windshield replacement.

mpm if you happen to read this does the gallery or the forum not support tiff docs? Just asking cause I was hoping to save you storage space on the B&W images....

http://www.unyxterra.com/gallery/d/3930-1/RearViewMirrorMeasrurement.tif

Edited to resize pic

Last edited by dmpmfd on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:10 pm 
Forum User

i don't think the forum supports displaying them as an image. i edited your post to link to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:31 pm 
Forum User

I had a 1980 and a '81 Olds cutlass that no matter what I did the rear view mirror wouldn't stay on the windshield so I kept it under my seat...reason? I got pulled over once and was asked where's your rear view mirror? my reply was "right here...it just fell off" shortly after that I was informed that if you have a passenger side mirror that a rear view mirror is optional...I don't know if that's true,but hey if it is true why have a rear view mirror?***

***I rarely use my rear view mirror,I use my side mirrors for backing and to view other things going on behind me that's the "truck driver" in me***