PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:36 pm 
Forum User

ScottCJ7 wrote:
You can add the NEA Fall Crawl to that list, September 8th & 9th in Hancock NH

Sweet, I will be there for that :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:18 am 
Supporting Member

Based upon the description of the FallCrawl, it's something that we'd really have a good time at - so, I'll be signing up for that as soon as possible.

I was looking at the NEA site last night and they are primarily comprised of jeeps, so when we go out for that, we really need to show our stuff because I have a feeling that more than a few of the members are going to look at the xterra and say 'that can't do much'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:47 am 
Forum User

Svendog wrote:
I have a feeling that more than a few of the members are going to look at the xterra and say 'that can't do much'.

Speedy,Thumper and I went on a run with a Jeep club last spring and we were getting funny looks at first,but by the end of the day we were getting a lot of "that little truck handles pretty good" kind of comments.The Jeep is the "Mainstream 4x4" and just because something is in the "Mainstream" doesn't mean it's the best.I think it would be cool to go out there and show the Jeep guys they're not the only ones who can handle the off road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:05 pm 
Forum User

I got the same reaction when I went on a run with WNY offroad (all jeeps that day except for me). They all sort of looked at me sideways when I got there... but by the end of the day almost everyone on the run had said something to the effect of, "Wow, I didn't realize how good an Xterra could do offroad!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:36 am 
Global Moderator

Heads up Tom is about to rant! :roll:

I was out this past Saturday running some pretty tough trails with some Jeeps and did OK. I must admit that my Xterra can?t do everything a lifted SWB Jeep with 35's can do and that I watched with envy when it blasted through some crap I had to pick my way through but then I didn?t have to trailer my junk to the park. It was nice to be able to drive my ?grocery getter? back to Brooklyn at a little above the 65mph speed limit :wink: , pick up some stuff for dinner in it last night and take my kids to school in it this morning. :D

I am the first to admit that my Xterra isn?t the best ?wheeling? vehicle, it doesn?t get the best gas mileage, it doesn?t have the most passenger or cargo room, and it certainly is not the most powerful. I went to a little more than 12 wheeling events (not counting the little bullcrap wheeling I?ll do when I?m just screwing around in PA) last year. I?d be willing to bet that is more wheeling than 80% of the ?built up? Jeepers out there do and more wheeling than ? the people on most of the Xterra boards do. Can I justify owning and modifying a SWB Jeep to wheel? If I?m lucky and can get out once a month to wheel I cannot, so the perfect compromise is my slightly modified Xterra. Another bonus is that during the past few years of meeting new people wheeling I find that the absolute best of them are, almost always, driving an Xterra.

What can I say, I love that f*#king truck. :D

Sorry for the rant...
you?d think I?d have something better to do with my time. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:36 am 
Forum User

You get out more then me:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:41 pm 
Is there going to be a sign-up/truck limit on the Flower City parade?

I definitely want in on it, since it's like a 10 minute drive for me. ;)

Should I wash or mudinize my truck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:07 pm 
Forum User

I put down 8-10 vehicles on the application.

Trucks should all be clean and presentable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:54 pm 
Supporting Member

Bklyn.X wrote:
Heads up Tom is about to rant! :roll:

I was out this past Saturday running some pretty tough trails with some Jeeps and did OK. I must admit that my Xterra can?t do everything a lifted SWB Jeep with 35's can do and that I watched with envy when it blasted through some crap I had to pick my way through but then I didn?t have to trailer my junk to the park. It was nice to be able to drive my ?grocery getter? back to Brooklyn at a little above the 65mph speed limit :wink: , pick up some stuff for dinner in it last night and take my kids to school in it this morning. :D

I am the first to admit that my Xterra isn?t the best ?wheeling? vehicle, it doesn?t get the best gas mileage, it doesn?t have the most passenger or cargo room, and it certainly is not the most powerful. I went to a little more than 12 wheeling events (not counting the little bullcrap wheeling I?ll do when I?m just screwing around in PA) last year. I?d be willing to bet that is more wheeling than 80% of the ?built up? Jeepers out there do and more wheeling than ? the people on most of the Xterra boards do. Can I justify owning and modifying a SWB Jeep to wheel? If I?m lucky and can get out once a month to wheel I cannot, so the perfect compromise is my slightly modified Xterra. Another bonus is that during the past few years of meeting new people wheeling I find that the absolute best of them are, almost always, driving an Xterra.

What can I say, I love that f*#king truck. :D

Sorry for the rant...
you?d think I?d have something better to do with my time. :oops:

Tom,

Very well said an all true. The truck is really great at doing everything. Maybe not the best at any, but is the best compromise there is. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:08 pm 
Although the NEA has a high number of Jeep Clubs, more than 1/2 accept any type of vehicle as member. I love seeing other types of rigs on the trails because thats what its all about, being on the trails. Although I own a Jeep, I know that some Jeep owners can be a bit stuck up and snobby. Just remember its not the rig thats a dick, its the idiot behind the wheel.

As far as the Fall Crawl this is a great get together of all member clubs where we all kick back, wheel, eat, and then socialize back at the campground. Although we try and put on a great event, its not the Hilton nor a "jeep Jamboree". This is an affordable weekend event for the entire family where you'll meet many others in this Association.

Svendog wrote:
Based upon the description of the FallCrawl, it's something that we'd really have a good time at - so, I'll be signing up for that as soon as possible.

I was looking at the NEA site last night and they are primarily comprised of jeeps, so when we go out for that, we really need to show our stuff because I have a feeling that more than a few of the members are going to look at the xterra and say 'that can't do much'.

which reminds me, I need to get off my ass and get this info together pronto :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:20 pm 
Supporting Member

Scott,

Sounds like a great event!

Scott :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:59 pm 
anthony wrote:
I put down 8-10 vehicles on the application.

Trucks should all be clean and presentable!

Clean is doable....but...

...I'm not so sure on the presentable part. :lol:

Half the rear bumper missing.
Huge dent in the fenders.
Front bumper hanging on by a thread.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:39 pm 
Forum User

well..you gotta a month and half to work on it Dan :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm 
Yeah, but see....I rather like the body damage. It's battle scars!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:25 pm 
Forum User

Rockaholic wrote:
I'll do my best to be at the April Fools Run

At the time, I totally didn't realize that was Passover/Easter weekend...

And I've scheduled a run the next weekend for NEXterra, so I'm out for that.