It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am

Post subject: Transmission Concern
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm 
Supporting Member

Hello everyone, recently i've been having problems with my pathfinder's transmission acting up, i checked the tranny fluid and color and everything is a-ok there, the fluid is light pink and i don't seem to be loosing any fluid. (tranny fluid + filter was changed about 5 months ago) Today i was driving and i pulled over to the side of the road to check something that was in my tire, once i put it out of park and into drive thats when i noticed a huge difference. It wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear and the RPM's was all the way up to 4500 without shifting at all. I limped it home and rested for a good hour. I got back into my truck and took it for a test drive, the second time i got in my truck the transmission was acting like it should normal and was not high shifting . I really don't want to have to put a new tranny in, i figured i'd get everyones opnions on what i can do or what can be the possible cause.

And if it does seem like i need a new transmission, does anyone on here know how to switch out transmissions that would be willing to help?

Thanks for all the help

Post subject: Re: Transmission Concern
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:56 pm 
Forum User

Sorry to hear man

Drain, flush and fill, would be a good start.

If it comes down to a new transmission, post up a mod day and ill come out to help.

Post subject: Re: Transmission Concern
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:11 pm 
Supporting Member

c3PO wrote:
Sorry to hear man

Drain, flush and fill, would be a good start.

If it comes down to a new transmission, post up a mod day and ill come out to help.

I've been monitering it since i posted the thread, it seems to be shifting fine now , i haven't seen any late shifts either since my concern , i will probably still be on the market for a transmission just in case. Thank you for that i appreciate that, even though i have no experience and never done a transmission swap, it'd be a fun learning experience.