It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:23 pm

Post subject: Re: 2004 x head gasket issue?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:20 am 
Supporting Member

mixxali4 wrote:
Holy sh@t jus ....u talk a lot....yeah yeah yeah come to 718 we help u to do the lift In the 718 garage :givemebeer:

who else can give this advice blyat... Tommy's on vacation and you speak no english blyat :usa:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:11 pm 
Noob

BKxterra718 wrote:

Id say body lift first, its gona take around 5-8hrs. It will give better hand clearance for working w re-torsioning the bars and such things. Balljoints no, just get 2 spares for the trail. Tie rods and HD tie rod adjusters are good to get. 4x4parts.com for the HD adjusters and u can check online for Moog Problem Solvers Tie rods. They are greasable so thats a nice feature. Before I got into this I was all about what looks nice too, but now im all about performance and durability. Those fancy lookin tires are known to warp often. Happened to me and several other people ive met. You will have to rotate them more often and that still doesnt guarantee it wont happen. Somethin about the design of the studs idk. Mine is a daily driver. And id say at least 5 other people here in Brooklyn run them in 33's and larger. The road here are torn up and pot holey, and we drive everywhere. We also go offroading at least once a month. We put these tires to the test. I remember one time we were at Rausch and some dude told me there was a huge sharp rock going straight through my Goodyear and I rolled right off like it never happened. This is my second set and Im purchasing my third come winter. But to each his own, def do your research on the matter. Tires are last btw. When you're fully lifted they'll fit a lot nicer, gona still need some trimming and banging in. I almost forgot, did you get new cambolts and new low profile bump stops w the BL and SL?

http://www.justinandersdenmark.com

ill make sure to add the cam bolts and bump stops to my list. i have a few things i need to pay off, then i can start collecting the things i need. first to order will be the body lift. 2 or 3inch lift? i havent read much about it yet.
On those goodyears, hows the road noise? my x is also a daily driver 50+ miles a day 5-6 days a week highway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:17 am 
Supporting Member

Mkxterra203 wrote:

ill make sure to add the cam bolts and bump stops to my list. i have a few things i need to pay off, then i can start collecting the things i need. first to order will be the body lift. 2 or 3inch lift? i havent read much about it yet.
On those goodyears, hows the road noise? my x is also a daily driver 50+ miles a day 5-6 days a week highway.

I had Mickey Thompson Baja Claws before this and they seemed to be louder. Im around 30/40 miles/day mixed highway and streets. Compared to regular tires I suppose its also loud, but its a good sound. The grip they give you on wet pavement and off-road application is un-matched in tires this size IMHO. But hey Ive only been at this for 2 years and im still kinda new here so...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am 
Club Vice President

I had BFG MTR's on my X the last few years & they also came stock with the Rubicon. Upgraded to Goodyear Kevlar's a few months ago like the Brooklyn crew & love it. Have just over 4000miles on them now. Noise levels between the two MTR's are the pretty much the same from my perspective. Mine's a DD too & ~40miles mostly highway. However, I do try to keep tire pressure ~35 on the street.

Professional reviews say that the ice/snow & wet traction with the Kevlars is slightly better than the BFG MTRs. That & the personal offroad experience from folks using it, made my choice.

There are folks here who are happy with others too. Buy the tires last like Jus says, after your lift etc.. Otherwise you'll want bigger tires & might regret it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:49 pm 
Noob

BKxterra718 wrote:
Mkxterra203 wrote:

I live in stratford, exit 32 on I95. And I'll let you guys know when I get all the parts and we will plan for a day get her done. What about body lifts, I might just order the kit and do the body lift when I do sus. Lift, or should I do it before a suspension lift. When I do the lift I also want to change my tie rods out too. And should I get lower balljoints too?
I'll look Into the goodyears. I liked the nitto's since they have such an aggressive look to them.

Id say body lift first, its gona take around 5-8hrs. It will give better hand clearance for working w re-torsioning the bars and such things. Balljoints no, just get 2 spares for the trail. Tie rods and HD tie rod adjusters are good to get. 4x4parts.com for the HD adjusters and u can check online for Moog Problem Solvers Tie rods. They are greasable so thats a nice feature. Before I got into this I was all about what looks nice too, but now im all about performance and durability. Those fancy lookin tires are known to warp often. Happened to me and several other people ive met. You will have to rotate them more often and that still doesnt guarantee it wont happen. Somethin about the design of the studs idk. Mine is a daily driver. And id say at least 5 other people here in Brooklyn run them in 33's and larger. The road here are torn up and pot holey, and we drive everywhere. We also go offroading at least once a month. We put these tires to the test. I remember one time we were at Rausch and some dude told me there was a huge sharp rock going straight through my Goodyear and I rolled right off like it never happened. This is my second set and Im purchasing my third come winter. But to each his own, def do your research on the matter. Tires are last btw. When you're fully lifted they'll fit a lot nicer, gona still need some trimming and banging in. I almost forgot, did you get new cambolts and new low profile bump stops w the BL and SL?

I'm about to pull the plug to order my body lift. Should I piece it together for like 80/90$ or just order the kits from 4x4parts?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm 
Forum User

Get 2 inch from 4x4 3 inch is pain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:22 pm 
Noob

mixxali4 wrote:
Get 2 inch from 4x4 3 inch is pain

Steering shaft extension?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:30 am 
Supporting Member

I'd just stick w the 4x4parts kit. Make sure to get low profile bump stops if it doesnt come with it and cambolts for the SL. You got shackles already?

www.justinandersdenmark.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:17 am 
Noob

BKxterra718 wrote:
I'd just stick w the 4x4parts kit. Make sure to get low profile bump stops if it doesnt come with it and cambolts for the SL. You got shackles already?

I have nothing done to the suspension other than a t-bar crank. I'm going to order my body lift and the bump stops in another week I think once I know I have my rent money ready haha. Tonight I'm ordering my raptor liner kit to paint my hood. plastics, rear bumper and hitch ( I snapped two or three bolts when taking the hitch thing off. So I need to see if I can order new bolts and brackets from Nissan for that), and bottoms of the doors (possibly wheel wells too) will be done after the body lift.
I'm also putting together a parts needed list to do the SL. Cam bolts, shackles, uca, balljoint spacers, shocks and struts (what are your guys picks for those? I was thinking about blisten hd w/3in lift). I also need to buy new leaf springs since on the passenger side the middle leaf snapped. And I anchored it with a exhaust clamp hahaha. Jerryrigging at its finest.
Also when I get my body lift. Is it possible to get an extra hand or hands with previous body lift experience? I just don't want to screw anything up. And plus my girlfriend will not helpme at all with this. She's a PITA when it comes to me working on my car.
Any help would be great!! Plus :cheers: and food will be involved of course haha

Post subject: 2004 x head gasket issue?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:48 am 
Supporting Member

Yea we in Brooklyn you come thru we got you.
4x4parts for shackles & suspension package parts. Springs from www.generalspring.com but get the add a leafs from 4x4parts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 am 
Noob

BKxterra718 wrote:
Yea we in Brooklyn you come thru we got you.
4x4parts for shackles & suspension package parts. Springs from http://www.generalspring.com but get the add a leafs from 4x4parts.

I think I'm getting everything from 4x4 other than the greaseable tie rod ends prob. And what weekend will you guys be able to help me out? Maybe in October?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 pm 
Supporting Member

Late october if anything. We work for food and beers and smokes just sayin...

www.justinandersdenmark.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:10 pm 
Noob

BKxterra718 wrote:
Late october if anything. We work for food and beers and smokes just sayin...

Okay cool. I'll let you know when I get the kit in and we plan for a day. What food, beer, and smokes?