It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am

Post subject: Where is alternator fuse. xterra dead again
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:02 pm 
Noob

So 1st my battery died. Got a new battery. Then my battery and brake light was on so mechanic said altenator bad. Got a new alternator. about 6 months passed now my brake and battery light on again and alternator once again is not charging battery. If I jump start truck it works fine until you let it sit and battery drains. I don't know what to do anymore. I have read sometimes its alternator fuse but I cant find anything telling me where to find this mysterious alternator fuse? where is it??? Has anyone had this problem. My radio fuse blew to. WTF is truck history? 2004 110k miles .. I need a drink now..

Post subject: Re: Where is alternator fuse. xterra dead again
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:29 pm 
Global Moderator

My 2001 with VG33E engine Charging System runs through 100A fusible link, “FL 100A, BATTERY” in the center (large with clear top so you can see if its blown without taking it out), 7.5A fuse No. 36 “ALT” (small) just below it, left.
The fuse and fusible link box on my 2001 with VG33E engine, passenger side just behind the battery. Sorry for the cell phone in the dark picture.

I would think that if a fuse is bad you'd get a dash warning light. do you have Do you have a dash warning light?

You can check the charging system with a voltmeter. Connect leads to the battery; when the engine starts, the charging voltage should jump to around 14 or higher.

Hope this helps, good luck.