It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm

Post subject: Cruise control set light flashing
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm 
Forum User

Not sure if I have a deep seeded electrical gremlin brewing, but something is up with my cruise control:

About 3 weeks ago the set light for it popped up on the dash (I very, very rarely use it and wasn't using it in this case) and it was flashing for a bit until I shut off the truck, then it went away for a bit after I started it back up and then it came back on like 5-10 minutes later.

This went on for a few days then just randomly stopped and stayed that way for a week or so, then it just started up again yesterday and is still going on. The other strange thing is that today the wiper fluid indicator light came on, but not all the way; sort of a dull yellow rather than the usual bright yellow before it gradually got fainter and fainter until it was almost unnoticeable.

The cruise control doesn't work with this set light flashing, and I seem to have enough washer fluid so that light shouldn't be coming on. I'll need to check the FSM since the regular owners manual says to take the truck to the dealer to have it checked out if the set light is flashing.

Has anyone had this sort of issue?

Post subject: Re: Cruise control set light flashing
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:51 pm 
Forum User

Can't say that I have ever had this happen.

Def head to the dealer to get it checked out for sure. Don't let electrical issues go unattended.

Good luck

Post subject: Re: Cruise control set light flashing
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:42 pm 
Forum User

I have had it happen once before by jumping in the car and turning it on fast and leaving in a hurry... But it is fine and doesnt happen if i just turn on the car normal and let it run for a second then turn the cruise control on. I hope that makes sense.