It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:55 pm 
Global Moderator

Yes, as in the picture. The other end is the ?anchor? on your LCA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:19 pm 
Forum User

Cool
Thanks for your patience.... it must get really annoying babying people through things that are obvious for you!
I appreciate it!

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:50 pm 
Global Moderator

If it helps you bro it is not annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm 
Forum User

;-) Well it does!
Now I can't wait until buddy calls back so I can get my truck in the shop!

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:54 pm 
Supporting Member

If you just want to adjust the torsion bar, we can do that this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:27 pm 
Forum User

Svendog wrote:
If you just want to adjust the torsion bar, we can do that this weekend.

I need to change the power steering pump + adjust the Tbars, so if I can't get an appointment at buddy's shop before saturday, then we are on, otherwise, we could devote our time to someone else's vehicle! I don't want to be hogging all the help!!! ;-) Installing the air compressor, tank & passing the wires will be enough! + I'd like to help someone else! You know- what goes around comes around! ;-)
Hoping to bring reinforcements .... 92bronc - my buddy mechanic had offered to come....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:35 pm 
Forum User

Well if you do need adjustment this weekend, pretty sure BigE and I can make sure you lift the front end up before trying to make an adjustment. :lol: :wink: If you want to see how quickly Chit can fly just try and adjust the bolt without lifting the front end then let the torsion bolt break. 8) If your lucky enough you can get your shoe stuck under the tire as the truck drops onto to it. Sound about right BigE??? :roll: Don't think I ever jumped as quickly as I had that day. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 pm 
Supporting Member

I haven't done a power steering pump before.

As for the t-bar adjustments.... when we first cranked mine, it was while the truck was on the ground and took about 45 minutes to get done.

With the pressure taken off the front end, it's a total of 20..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:34 pm 
Forum User

dmpmfd wrote:
Well if you do need adjustment this weekend, pretty sure BigE and I can make sure you lift the front end up before trying to make an adjustment. :lol: :wink: If you want to see how quickly Chit can fly just try and adjust the bolt without lifting the front end then let the torsion bolt break. 8) If your lucky enough you can get your shoe stuck under the tire as the truck drops onto to it. Sound about right BigE??? :roll: Don't think I ever jumped as quickly as I had that day. :lol:

That sounds like a good story!!! A story that some of you would like to forget faster then others.... lolll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm 
Forum User

Svendog wrote:
I haven't done a power steering pump before.

As for the t-bar adjustments.... when we first cranked mine, it was while the truck was on the ground and took about 45 minutes to get done.

With the pressure taken off the front end, it's a total of 20..

Then I might just take you up on your offer then - hell it takes me 30 mins to get to buddy's shop + 30mins to get back!

I will be there when you come back from your game! Hope it's a sunny day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:50 am 
Forum User

How do you know the power steering pump is going?

I swapped mine out along with the Steering box, steering stabilizer, centerlink, etc.. in an effort to fix my binding steering.
Turned out the steering stabilizer was seized in place, so right turns were near impossible. lol

A lot of unneccesary parts were changed as a result.

PS pump isn't difficult to change at all.
Just be sure it needs replacing before you do it. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 pm 
Forum User

O1SalsaX wrote:
How do you know the power steering pump is going?

I swapped mine out along with the Steering box, steering stabilizer, centerlink, etc.. in an effort to fix my binding steering.
Turned out the steering stabilizer was seized in place, so right turns were near impossible. lol

A lot of unneccesary parts were changed as a result.

PS pump isn't difficult to change at all.
Just be sure it needs replacing before you do it. LOL

Buddy mechanic said it needed changing.... just going by what he said... Already bought the pump....
I have a type of "The Jetsons" sound when I turn, sometimes, it's more then hard to turn.
This summer coming out of the buddy's shop, I went to my other friend's house and when I got there, there was red liquid everywhere... had the truck towed back to his shop thinking it was transmission fluid.... never found the problem. Buddy had a look at the Tcase.... I have a feeling it was the PSteering box at that point that leaked everywhere!...

Glad to hear it's not difficult to replace... Feel there's always something wrong with this truck.... will I ever see the end of it?!?!?!
:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:02 pm 
Forum User

Ok... so this is the 7th CV axle replacement - I hadn't replaced it since it last broke in Feb.
Will be going wheeling a little at Cape Cod later to see how well it holds up - just to make sure my problem is solved!
Would like to thank everyone & anyone that helped solve this or anyone that lost sleep over it - lol (ME) loll
Will keep you guys updated as to how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm 
Supporting Member

maybe we should take a look at your diff.
want to try and swap mine out and see if that makes a difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:14 pm 
Forum User

I'm thinking he just never replaced it till now. This will be the true test of your fix Sven. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next