It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

Post subject: Factory stereo on rt.49 at 5:45am
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:38 pm 
Forum User

I Almost pulled out my factory radio this morning on the way to work (5:45am).I burn CD's to leave in my X for driving,so if some dumbass breaks into my X he doesn't get the good ones,so this morning I put in Social Distortion and it plays the first tune,and after 30 seconds of the 2nd tune it shuts off...so I push play and it happens again,my first thought was maybe the CD is bad so I choose another and it plays the first song and when it's gets to the 2nd it shuts off :bs: so as a last resort I turn on the radio.after 30 seconds it shuts off again.:evil:.when I got to work I shut my X off,turned the key on and it was working.when I got out of work (7:45pm=1 long day) it was working fine.I'm thinking it may have some moisture inside still from the pond incident (it wasn't working after that for a few hours).I wasn't planning on changing the radio until I got everything else I want to get,but I may end of changing it earlier than I planned.I'm wondering now if it's more than just the radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:18 pm 
Supporting Member

Is it the 6 cd changer? The mechanism they have tends to bind up after a while. It's a plastic screw mechanism that isn't worth fixing. A lot of them go bad, and for some reason, it shows up on burned disks more often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:09 am 
Forum User

no,it's just a single CD player...I'm probably going to cruise over to Best Buy this weekend and see if I can get something new.as far as factory stereo's go it's sounds pretty good,but I think it's time for a change.