It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

Post subject: Spring project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:04 am 
Supporting Member

So I want to get a little more height and weight bearing capabilities and was curious how high you can go before you have to start swapping shocks, UcA and brake lines .

Current set up:
OME lift with dakar springs
Nitro Charger shocks front and rear
schrock front bumper
Tiger shark wireless winch
Full armor

What I want to do:
AAL Dakar to make HD adds another 440 lbs capacity
2 inch spaces up front

Questions:
1. Will I need to extend brake lines? Wanted to replace them with steel and was curious if I should just get the longer set.
2. Will I need to change out shocks?
3. Anything I should think about in addition ?

As always appreciate the insight.

Mike - Bear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 am 
Forum User

Bear wrote:
So I want to get a little more height and weight bearing capabilities and was curious how high you can go before you have to start swapping shocks, UcA and brake lines .

Current set up:
schrock front bumper
Full armor

What I want to do:
2 inch spaces up front

Questions:
1. Will I need to extend brake lines? Wanted to replace them with steel and was curious if I should just get the longer set.

Mike - Bear

I also have the ome/Dakar leafs with aal. On top of bilstien 5100 from adjusting coilovers and 5100 rear shocks. Murphy had told me I would have to get longer shocks to do more lift in the rear. But I'm comfortable with the lift. Performed almost flawlessly at brookridge.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:13 pm 
Supporting Member

Carpy wrote:
Bear wrote:

Current set up:
schrock front bumper
Full armor

What I want to do:
2 inch spaces up front

Questions:

Mike - Bear

I also have the ome/Dakar leafs with aal. On top of bilstien 5100 from adjusting coilovers and 5100 rear shocks. Murphy had told me I would have to get longer shocks to do more lift in the rear. But I'm comfortable with the lift. Performed almost flawlessly at brookridge.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thanks Nick appreciate it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:00 am 
Supporting Member

I have the OME lift with nitro shocks. I went AAL in the rear to save money. I've been hemming and hawing about adding an inch with adjustable shackles and spacers. I was told that if I wanted to add any more than 1" additional lift, I would need aftermarket UCA. That or grind down the bucket.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:14 pm 
Supporting Member

BostonX wrote:
I have the OME lift with nitro shocks. I went AAL in the rear to save money. I've been hemming and hawing about adding an inch with adjustable shackles and spacers. I was told that if I wanted to add any more than 1" additional lift, I would need aftermarket UCA. That or grind down the bucket.

Thanks bud, thats what Nisstech just told me too, I think I will hold off on this and maybe revisit the suspension later. I think I need to get some more experience under my belt before a swap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:26 pm 
Supporting Member

Realistically the rear add a leaf adds like 1.5" not 2 after it settles. Any other changes up front and your probably looking at new ucas, there isn't enough grinding to be done..when I swapped brake likes I went extended just to be safe,the front get in the way some but nothing a zip tie cant cure.
If you added the extra leaf and shackles out back youd want longer shocks for sure to take advantage of the extra flex too.
I'm on my 4th or 5th variant of suspension at this point so can help too on questions along with many others here..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:27 pm 
Supporting Member

Bear wrote:
BostonX wrote:

Thanks bud, thats what Nisstech just told me too, I think I will hold off on this and maybe revisit the suspension later. I think I need to get some more experience under my belt before a swap.

You have P4X right? That e-locker is worth a whole lot more than any suspension upgrades (imho)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 pm 
Supporting Member

BostonX wrote:
Bear wrote:
BostonX wrote:

You have P4X right? That e-locker is worth a whole lot more than any suspension upgrades (imho)

I do and that works awesome and will mostly add a locker up front later on down the line.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:33 pm 
Supporting Member

TKX wrote:
Realistically the rear add a leaf adds like 1.5" not 2 after it settles. Any other changes up front and your probably looking at new ucas, there isn't enough grinding to be done..when I swapped brake likes I went extended just to be safe,the front get in the way some but nothing a zip tie cant cure.
If you added the extra leaf and shackles out back youd want longer shocks for sure to take advantage of the extra flex too.
I'm on my 4th or 5th variant of suspension at this point so can help too on questions along with many others here..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for info that’s what I thought I think I am going to hold off and revisit when I can do it right, I was checking out the Gone Moab version at Nisstech with the longer blistein, maybe next year

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:05 pm 
Forum User

Add the front locker, it’s a game changer!! My advice is to regear when you do that though.

For suspension. If you’re going to wait, I would go with Radflo 2.5s with 650 springs, and SPC UCAs up front, Alcans and Radflo 2.0s for the rear. After that you can he. The shocks rebuilt every other year and you’ll have buttery smoooove ride on road, and incredible performance off road.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 pm 
Supporting Member

Ripper wrote:
Add the front locker, it’s a game changer!! My advice is to regear when you do that though.

For suspension. If you’re going to wait, I would go with Radflo 2.5s with 650 springs, and SPC UCAs up front, Alcans and Radflo 2.0s for the rear. After that you can he. The shocks rebuilt every other year and you’ll have buttery smoooove ride on road, and incredible performance off road.

Thanks for the info Wil, do you have this setup? I’ll have to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:10 pm 
Forum User

I do minus the rear radflos. They are at Radflo getting fixed and rebuilt. I snapped one of the shafts on Elephant Hill in Moab. Hoping to have them back by the end of the month.