It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:45 pm

Post subject: Opinions needed [emoji12]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:31 am 
Supporting Member

Hello everyone,

So I'm getting close to having to get new tires which I think I'm going to get the duratrac 285/75/16 and do the melt mod, but I figured I may do a basic lift before than.

I was going to go all out on a full package but I don't know enough yet to feel comfortable spending that kinda money ;)

So I was going to do PRG basic lift which comes with 2" spacers , front bumpstops? , adjustable shackled which I can swap out for new dual aal with shims, which is my first question, shackles or the new dual aal?

If I went with shackles I was going to do a sinlgle aal with new 5125 billstein shocks , my stock shocks have about 60k on them so pretty worn and then finally a unbolt flip kit. This would run me around 670.00 plus the 1200.00 for the tires.

Would love some thoughts from the pack, being a noob all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bear -2012 pro4, full armor and sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Opinions needed [emoji12]
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:41 pm 
Supporting Member

My opinion would be to do the AAL BEFORE shackles. The problem with our stock rear leafs is that they are saggy. They need all the help they can get. Adding shackles w/o AAL's is going to make it that much worse. Be a good sport and do both!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 pm 
Supporting Member

MainerX wrote:
My opinion would be to do the AAL BEFORE shackles. The problem with our stock rear leafs is that they are saggy. They need all the help they can get. Adding shackles w/o AAL's is going to make it that much worse. Be a good sport and do both!

Awesome thanks so much ! Both it is , quick follow up though they offer a darker leaf pack that I guess replaced the whole leaf pack , should I consider that ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:41 pm 
Noob

I was tossing around the same options (shackles vs AAL) not long ago. I finally decided on AALs until I realized the bottom leaf on one side was broken. Not long after the same happened to the other side. This happened on my 08 with about 65k on the clock. My front and rear shocks were getting pretty ruff so I decided to do a complete Old Man Emu kit. I researched for months before pulling the trigger and for me this is what worked best.

https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/nissan-x ... swodSpYHZw

Finally just got around to having it installed last month. It added a full 2" all around with more in the rear due to the stock leaf sag. The ride quality is very much improved and it gave the X a square stance. I'm happy with the results and it was right on the mark as far as bang for the buck goes for what I needed. Kit comes with the Dakar leafs you had mentioned. I'm not trying to spend your money but if you want to upgrade shocks as well it may be something worth looking into.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:01 pm 
Noob

BTW good choice with the duratracs. I've got 45k on mine and plan on getting another 25k out of them with regular rotations. That is unless I wear the skin off of them when the Superchips tuner arrives!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 pm 
Supporting Member

A lot of people complain about the Dakar leaf packs because of all the squeaking they make. If you go that route, use plenty of silicone grease on the urethane bushings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:11 am 
Supporting Member

SilverX wrote:
I was tossing around the same options (shackles vs AAL) not long ago. I finally decided on AALs until I realized the bottom leaf on one side was broken. Not long after the same happened to the other side. This happened on my 08 with about 65k on the clock. My front and rear shocks were getting pretty ruff so I decided to do a complete Old Man Emu kit. I researched for months before pulling the trigger and for me this is what worked best.

https://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/nissan-x ... swodSpYHZw

Finally just got around to having it installed last month. It added a full 2" all around with more in the rear due to the stock leaf sag. The ride quality is very much improved and it gave the X a square stance. I'm happy with the results and it was right on the mark as far as bang for the buck goes for what I needed. Kit comes with the Dakar leafs you had mentioned. I'm not trying to spend your money but if you want to upgrade shocks as well it may be something worth looking into.

Awesome this kit looks great , a decisions decisions, this is great thanks for the info , being a noob I always have trouble pulling the trigger ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:12 am 
Supporting Member

SilverX wrote:
BTW good choice with the duratracs. I've got 45k on mine and plan on getting another 25k out of them with regular rotations. That is unless I wear the skin off of them when the Superchips tuner arrives!

Sweet I hear nothing but good things

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:24 am 
Supporting Vendor

Preface... I don't know 2nd gens so well... but might a body lift, cheaper and offers you larger tire space, be a gradual starting point?

If you already have one installed... disregard

INSTAGRAM #bandit4x4

BDT Facebook Page

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:46 pm 
Noob

I have a 2 gen with the 2.5" PRG lift with AAL. I also run 33" DuraTracs. Had to do a slight melt mod. I would say stick with AAL versus spacers. My truck runs great.