It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm

Post subject: Re: Almost there....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:49 am 
Global Moderator

Gee whiz Mr. Peabody that Atlas hangs kinda low in that picture. Looks like a catch point and a pain to cover.

I thought the “clocking holes” in the Atlas are there for addressing multiple transmission applications and not to address driveline issues. Learned sumpin new.

Does the Atlas/adapter combo for your (our) application take up the same amount of space as the TX-10? In other words would you gain or lose any space and need to rework this driveshaft/driveline deal?

The front axle "cut and turn" is also something I never thought about and seems to me a simpler and therefore better option than “clocking” the entire driveline. Especially since I believe you “C’s” are still only tacked in place.

I don’t know your plans to “mitigate” the problems that may arise for the rear driveshaft following a “tilt” but it seems to me one more can o worms that would be open. What if you decide to 4link the rear some time down the road? You might have to deal with undoing the tilt and reexamining the front issue?

The "cut and turn" and/or center limit strap have my vote for now. As you can tell I’m not liking the alteration of the driveline…as I understand it…

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:49 am 
Supporting Vendor

Bklyn.X wrote:
Gee whiz Mr. Peabody that Atlas hangs kinda low in that picture. Looks like a catch point and a pain to cover.

I thought the “clocking holes” in the Atlas are there for addressing multiple transmission applications and not to address driveline issues. Learned sumpin new.

Does the Atlas/adapter combo for your (our) application take up the same amount of space as the TX-10? In other words would you gain or lose any space and need to rework this driveshaft/driveline deal?

The front axle "cut and turn" is also something I never thought about and seems to me a simpler and therefore better option than “clocking” the entire driveline. Especially since I believe you “C’s” are still only tacked in place.

I don’t know your plans to “mitigate” the problems that may arise for the rear driveshaft following a “tilt” but it seems to me one more can o worms that would be open. What if you decide to 4link the rear some time down the road? You might have to deal with undoing the tilt and reexamining the front issue?

The "cut and turn" and/or center limit strap have my vote for now. As you can tell I’m not liking the alteration of the driveline…as I understand it…

Atlas space ...not sure

Sadly cut and Turing the front axle is a process to correct a lack of caster angle when the pinion angle is increased to match the driveshaft when increasing the ride height... And that help is already done...:(

Friday starts a 3 day weekend so I will log about 18 hrs in the garage...

INSTAGRAM #bandit4x4

BDT Facebook Page

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:36 pm 
Forum User

Oh man it looks like it is coming along! :woohoo: