It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm

Post subject: Re: Epistar lights
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:46 am 
Club Vice President

Realistically, are you really going to be using all these lights? In everyday driving, most likely not. And even if you do night trail runs, unless you are alone or the trail leader, you can't use them because you'll blind the guy in front.
If it's primary for looks (and lights do look good in trucks), I'm thinking the cheap but good looking lights are best.
If you use your lights for work like TJ or live in a rural area where you can use them safely, then by all means get the best.
My philosophy when modding is to spend more of my money on mods that actually improve off-road capability or comfort/safety. And a lesser amount on cosmetic ones. Still waiting for the day when I don't have to worry about a budget....
If you wheel, you are going to spend money modding....regardless of philosophy!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:31 am 
Forum User

^Thats actually a really good peice of adivice.

I got the Chinese knock off lights because they look BA on the Xterra. But when we did the night run, a 40" light bar was kinda silly to use in a large group.

Honestly, look into a rock light setup. They dont shine into the person in front of you and they illuminate a clear path. Plus they double as a camp site lights.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:52 am 
Noob

I well when I was back home I used to spend a lot of time cruising the woods at night looking for deer tracks and scraped. I pan on doing a bit (a lot) of hunting and I need good lights. I can't afford rigid LEDs so I'm probably just going to save up hot some old school hilites. I can't spend money on LEDs if it dosent have a reliable source. The do however need to be made in the USAG. I didn't go to war just to come home and buy Chinese knockoffs

Sent from intergalactic space communicator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:57 am 
Noob

Although I will buy Japan knockoffs they are more technologically advanced compared to China. I know my nissan was assembled in the us. But regardless nissan and Toyota was developed in Japan and they are two of the best trucks out there. Heck my chevy was assembled in Mexico, (says the plate under the hood.

Sent from intergalactic space communicator