It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm

Post subject: Re: Modification Schedule
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:44 pm 
Global Moderator

11GTCS wrote:
BKxterra718 wrote:
If you gona do SL later think about 33's instead. Tires will run u a cool G. Body lift w a PML and some slight fender modifications u can fit'em, for street driving at least. Id get lifted before gettin extras. Though if other items you need become available at a good price on the boards, always go for it. Some things are better to buy new, like body and suspension lifts. Armor, bumpers, and such jewelry is common and ok for second hand purchases. In my opinions...

I don't think I'm going to get a SL proper anytime soon. Unless I get the off roading bug way worse than I have it now, my other hobbies (and my savings account, demand that I don't put that much into the car for the forseeable future. Just the cost of armor, a bumper, and whees+tires and the PML is gonna almost double my payment on the car!

I got my slids/sliders used. It was not all bent to crap and I got those pieces very reasonable. All I did was clean them up and used black frame paint on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:16 pm 
Noob

Fiachra wrote:
I got my slids/sliders used. It was not all bent to crap and I got those pieces very reasonable. All I did was clean them up and used black frame paint on them.

Yeah that's gonna be my goal with the armor, since it's just sheet steel and tubular steel, and I think they amount they charge for it is a little high new. I think I'll shoot to get the PML and wheels and tires on, since I'd like those for winter anyway (the plow quality up here is pretty poor at 3 am when I commute to my military muster). And then piece on armor as I go. The bullbar I'll see if I can go in halvsies with my parents for my birthday this fall, since I despise plastic bumpers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:37 pm 
Global Moderator

11GTCS wrote:
Fiachra wrote:

Yeah that's gonna be my goal with the armor, since it's just sheet steel and tubular steel, and I think they amount they charge for it is a little high new. I think I'll shoot to get the PML and wheels and tires on, since I'd like those for winter anyway (the plow quality up here is pretty poor at 3 am when I commute to my military muster). And then piece on armor as I go. The bullbar I'll see if I can go in halvsies with my parents for my birthday this fall, since I despise plastic bumpers

The Shrockworks armor I found is 3/16 steel plate. I gathered piece by piece too. The best thing I have put on the truck so far. I'm going to get their bumpers too before the next year goes by. Winch is in hand and I'm going to do it right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 pm 
Noob

Fiachra wrote:
The Shrockworks armor I found is 3/16 steel plate. I gathered piece by piece too. The best thing I have put on the truck so far. I'm going to get their bumpers too before the next year goes by. Winch is in hand and I'm going to do it right.

Haha I think I'll wait on a winch. I want to get one eventually, but for now, a hi-lift will do me just fine for a tenth the price :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 pm 
Global Moderator

11GTCS wrote:
Fiachra wrote:

Haha I think I'll wait on a winch. I want to get one eventually, but for now, a hi-lift will do me just fine for a tenth the price :D

Hi-Lift is good to have. I don't leave home without it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:45 pm 
Noob

Fiachra wrote:
11GTCS wrote:
Fiachra wrote:

Hi-Lift is good to have. I don't leave home without it.

I did once... the first time I went off roading. That was a bad day.... I ended up with a smashed taillight, a dented liftgate, high centered in a creek bed, with nobody to pull me out. (this was in the jeep). Now, I carry a Hi-lift.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:02 am 
Forum User

GT I've got a bunch of armor for sale off my old X if your interested.
Pm me.