It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 12:45 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Spring project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:04 am 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am
Posts: 207
So I want to get a little more height and weight bearing capabilities and was curious how high you can go before you have to start swapping shocks, UcA and brake lines .

Current set up:
OME lift with dakar springs
Nitro Charger shocks front and rear
schrock front bumper
Tiger shark wireless winch
Full armor


What I want to do:
AAL Dakar to make HD adds another 440 lbs capacity
2 inch spaces up front

Questions:
1. Will I need to extend brake lines? Wanted to replace them with steel and was curious if I should just get the longer set.
2. Will I need to change out shocks?
3. Anything I should think about in addition ?

As always appreciate the insight.


Mike - Bear


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
Bear
Michael Ferguson
2012 Pro-4X armored


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 pm
Posts: 210
Location: Chester, ma.
Bear wrote:
So I want to get a little more height and weight bearing capabilities and was curious how high you can go before you have to start swapping shocks, UcA and brake lines .

Current set up:
OME lift with dakar springs
Nitro Charger shocks front and rear
schrock front bumper
Tiger shark wireless winch
Full armor


What I want to do:
AAL Dakar to make HD adds another 440 lbs capacity
2 inch spaces up front

Questions:
1. Will I need to extend brake lines? Wanted to replace them with steel and was curious if I should just get the longer set.
2. Will I need to change out shocks?
3. Anything I should think about in addition ?

As always appreciate the insight.


Mike - Bear


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I also have the ome/Dakar leafs with aal. On top of bilstien 5100 from adjusting coilovers and 5100 rear shocks. Murphy had told me I would have to get longer shocks to do more lift in the rear. But I'm comfortable with the lift. Performed almost flawlessly at brookridge.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am
Posts: 207
Carpy wrote:
Bear wrote:
So I want to get a little more height and weight bearing capabilities and was curious how high you can go before you have to start swapping shocks, UcA and brake lines .

Current set up:
OME lift with dakar springs
Nitro Charger shocks front and rear
schrock front bumper
Tiger shark wireless winch
Full armor


What I want to do:
AAL Dakar to make HD adds another 440 lbs capacity
2 inch spaces up front

Questions:
1. Will I need to extend brake lines? Wanted to replace them with steel and was curious if I should just get the longer set.
2. Will I need to change out shocks?
3. Anything I should think about in addition ?

As always appreciate the insight.


Mike - Bear


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I also have the ome/Dakar leafs with aal. On top of bilstien 5100 from adjusting coilovers and 5100 rear shocks. Murphy had told me I would have to get longer shocks to do more lift in the rear. But I'm comfortable with the lift. Performed almost flawlessly at brookridge.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk


Thanks Nick appreciate it


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
Bear
Michael Ferguson
2012 Pro-4X armored


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:00 am 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 am
Posts: 399
Location: Medway, MA
I have the OME lift with nitro shocks. I went AAL in the rear to save money. I've been hemming and hawing about adding an inch with adjustable shackles and spacers. I was told that if I wanted to add any more than 1" additional lift, I would need aftermarket UCA. That or grind down the bucket.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am
Posts: 207
BostonX wrote:
I have the OME lift with nitro shocks. I went AAL in the rear to save money. I've been hemming and hawing about adding an inch with adjustable shackles and spacers. I was told that if I wanted to add any more than 1" additional lift, I would need aftermarket UCA. That or grind down the bucket.


Thanks bud, thats what Nisstech just told me too, I think I will hold off on this and maybe revisit the suspension later. I think I need to get some more experience under my belt before a swap.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
Bear
Michael Ferguson
2012 Pro-4X armored


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:26 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 573
Location: Enfield, CT
Realistically the rear add a leaf adds like 1.5" not 2 after it settles. Any other changes up front and your probably looking at new ucas, there isn't enough grinding to be done..when I swapped brake likes I went extended just to be safe,the front get in the way some but nothing a zip tie cant cure.
If you added the extra leaf and shackles out back youd want longer shocks for sure to take advantage of the extra flex too.
I'm on my 4th or 5th variant of suspension at this point so can help too on questions along with many others here..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 am
Posts: 399
Location: Medway, MA
Bear wrote:
BostonX wrote:
I have the OME lift with nitro shocks. I went AAL in the rear to save money. I've been hemming and hawing about adding an inch with adjustable shackles and spacers. I was told that if I wanted to add any more than 1" additional lift, I would need aftermarket UCA. That or grind down the bucket.


Thanks bud, thats what Nisstech just told me too, I think I will hold off on this and maybe revisit the suspension later. I think I need to get some more experience under my belt before a swap.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


You have P4X right? That e-locker is worth a whole lot more than any suspension upgrades (imho)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am
Posts: 207
BostonX wrote:
Bear wrote:
BostonX wrote:
I have the OME lift with nitro shocks. I went AAL in the rear to save money. I've been hemming and hawing about adding an inch with adjustable shackles and spacers. I was told that if I wanted to add any more than 1" additional lift, I would need aftermarket UCA. That or grind down the bucket.


Thanks bud, thats what Nisstech just told me too, I think I will hold off on this and maybe revisit the suspension later. I think I need to get some more experience under my belt before a swap.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


You have P4X right? That e-locker is worth a whole lot more than any suspension upgrades (imho)


I do and that works awesome and will mostly add a locker up front later on down the line.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
Bear
Michael Ferguson
2012 Pro-4X armored


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:33 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am
Posts: 207
TKX wrote:
Realistically the rear add a leaf adds like 1.5" not 2 after it settles. Any other changes up front and your probably looking at new ucas, there isn't enough grinding to be done..when I swapped brake likes I went extended just to be safe,the front get in the way some but nothing a zip tie cant cure.
If you added the extra leaf and shackles out back youd want longer shocks for sure to take advantage of the extra flex too.
I'm on my 4th or 5th variant of suspension at this point so can help too on questions along with many others here..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


Thanks for info that’s what I thought I think I am going to hold off and revisit when I can do it right, I was checking out the Gone Moab version at Nisstech with the longer blistein, maybe next year


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_________________
Bear
Michael Ferguson
2012 Pro-4X armored


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:05 pm 
Offline
Forum User

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:31 pm
Posts: 459
Add the front locker, it’s a game changer!! My advice is to regear when you do that though.

For suspension. If you’re going to wait, I would go with Radflo 2.5s with 650 springs, and SPC UCAs up front, Alcans and Radflo 2.0s for the rear. After that you can he. The shocks rebuilt every other year and you’ll have buttery smoooove ride on road, and incredible performance off road.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 am
Posts: 207
Ripper wrote:
Add the front locker, it’s a game changer!! My advice is to regear when you do that though.

For suspension. If you’re going to wait, I would go with Radflo 2.5s with 650 springs, and SPC UCAs up front, Alcans and Radflo 2.0s for the rear. After that you can he. The shocks rebuilt every other year and you’ll have buttery smoooove ride on road, and incredible performance off road.

Thanks for the info Wil, do you have this setup? I’ll have to check it out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Bear
Michael Ferguson
2012 Pro-4X armored


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring project
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:10 pm 
Offline
Forum User

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:31 pm
Posts: 459
I do minus the rear radflos. They are at Radflo getting fixed and rebuilt. I snapped one of the shafts on Elephant Hill in Moab. Hoping to have them back by the end of the month.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net & programy © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.320s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]
All times are UTC - 5 hours