It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:43 am

Post subject: Re: Question for the group.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:07 pm 
Supporting Member

I've been a few times. Some fun muddy holes and one or two obstacles off the road you can try. Toys 4 Tots run is usually held there (no land use fee). You get enough people and I'm sure you could get a group to run. I'd offer to lead but I don't know the area well. But if you do get a group together, I'd certainly try to go with!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm 
Noob

GG is pretty easy for the most part with a few obstacles that stick rigs can enjoy with a tad more difficulty and then there are the few that yes only Ernies rig has gone (which was awesome fun)
Freetown was super cute easy get together type to have an easy fun day to hang out.
I have done some NH class 6 roads that were easy green to tough blue and one I didn't even drive it I road with someone to the top hahaha but even then there were a few houses on the roads that you wouldn't ever stop by just keep driving swiftly. (but that was also not a day trip it was a weekend trip.
I haven't gone out west (YET!!) But some of the areas are exactly what ripper said, its all townies that get fussy and mad when rigs come around.
I would like to try other properties but also know that jeeps function differently then Xs but the Xs are definitely capable rigs even mildly modified.
I think getting on the NEA properties in June will be a good try out and adventure. We will all have to keep in mind that green to them might be our blues.
I have seen the southern family (NYCOffroad) got to Rausch a few times as they aren't as far as us and that is a huge fun place. I can't wait for ECXC. But like Carpy (Nick) said its an expensive trip I even have to save a little bit to afford to go.
As of right now I'm trying to get my X fixed and will have to do some maintenance before I take it anywhere (easy enough tho).
I think posting reviews on some of the properties would be a great idea to get a feel for what they are like. Most experience people are able to do that honestly and accurately.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:45 am 
Forum User

Ripper wrote:
While the trails up in Huntington are a little more challenging, they aren’t that hard either. But they are still legal trails to run when trail time is needed. It’s why I only show people who I know I can trust, and don’t show many people. The issue is the town will notice very quickly even the slightest increase in traffic. The normal entrance in Russell was gated a few years ago due to people speeding up and down the road to the trail head and destruction the property around the Army Corps Of Engineers Damn. Asshats were posting videos of themselves tearing up the soft ground around the damn.

If we start bring more and more people up there and it gets shut down, we need to accept the fact that we are directly responsible for the loss of access.

Might be time for me to gather all the materials and do a Tread Lightly class one weekend before summer kicks into full haul.

Oh, Nick, MA Bell is ok, but The Summit is great. It’s very challenging and I’m looking forward to that run.
I'm looking forward to it as well. Seems to be a good spot for me to gain more experience from the other members.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk