It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:46 pm 
Thanks again, guys....and Ken, I WILL see you in the dunes at some point!

Went to clean out Pete today. It was the saddest day ever. Mike (sarge) and Tom (junkyard) helped us. It was tearful, although they all got me to laugh at some silly thing or another.

The full impact of just how hard it was hit was apparent in the discovery of some pretty twisted/broken things on the inside. The drivers seat was crooked and the center console that I hit my hip on was out of whack. The shifter and the panel it was in was buckled and twisted. The whole inside was slightly "off". It made me even more sad....but glad that I was protected.

Here are some more pictures. It scared me more to see the truck today than when it happened. It looked much worse on flat ground in the sunlight than the other morning.

I miss my truck. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:12 pm 
Supporting Member

You should have taken that bug deflector.. ;)

But I could imagine it was a sad day. I wouldn't wanna let my rig go. I'd buy it back from the insurance company and keep it in my driveway.. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:40 pm 
Global Moderator

Man, Xterra?s can take a MF?ing punch. I don?t think a XJ or any SWB vehicle would have faired so well. I mean look at the passenger area, that shit?s intact! Not for nothing Patty but Pete kicked ass and saved you from some worse damage. Tomorrow I?ll be giving thanks that you?re ok but tonight I?m rasing a glass to your truck!

To Pete...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:24 am 
:cheers: Pete was the best.

:wink: Gene, I'd thought about it....but I DID keep the hatch tent if anyone's interested. I have to spray it down, but it's still good.

:cry: Tom, I feel like a person died. Is that crazy? Hell, I'm wearing a diamond "X" on my necklace that Chris gave me a while back. It's my name everywhere. I did everything with, to, and because of that truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:39 am 
Club President

Pepper, I'm sorry to hear about this accident. I can relate to black ice. It's very scary, but has made me much more aware when driving. The most important thing is that you walked away from this. I know exactly how you feel about losing your vehicle. It can, and will be replaced. I hope you recover soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:29 am 
Forum User

Bklyn.X wrote:
Man, Xterra?s can take a MF?ing punch. I don?t think a XJ or any SWB vehicle would have faired so well.

I completely disagree

My X folded like a wet paper hat @40mph

Snapped the frame in more than one place, and the abs SUCKED when I needed it

Maybe the next gens are better but...

I also feel the truck was severely weakened by the 2" body lift

2010 Honda Fit Sport 5-Speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:39 am 
Supporting Member

TunaSoda wrote:
Bklyn.X wrote:
Man, Xterra?s can take a MF?ing punch. I don?t think a XJ or any SWB vehicle would have faired so well.

I completely disagree

My X folded like a wet paper hat @40mph

Snapped the frame in more than one place, and the abs SUCKED when I needed it

Maybe the next gens are better but...

I also feel the truck was severely weakened by the 2" body lift

Mtdewmike's first gen rolled multiple times with minimal damage.. ;)

I was there for the whole thing.. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:29 am 
Global Moderator

Hey I?m no expert and I could be wrong but I made the comment based only on what I?ve seen.
I know I started it and I?m sorry but let?s please not turn this thread into yet another debate about Nissans and Jeeps. It?s not the time or place. Did not mean to put down your truck or insult you in any way brother, sorry if I did (just me being an asshole...again).
The reality is that it?s just my uneducated opinion posted on an Xterra board within a thread about my friend losing her Xterra. Ya know what I?m saying. :wink:

Patty, I know you loved Pete. You know I love my junk heap, but in the end it?s just a thing. Don?t get your head too wrapped up with it. Please remember that you made that truck Pete, the truck did not make you Pepper. Think of the happy times you had with it, look forward to getting well and then more happy times with something else. :D

Last edited by Bklyn.X on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:40 am 
Tom is right.....since owning an X, I have been all over different sites over the last couple years...and seeing pics from rollovers to front end and back end collisions, I'd have to say that pretty much every time the cabin was great in keeping the driver/passenger safe.

I pray we ALL stay safe no matter what we drive. Like in the original pics, the '94 Hardbody kept its driver safe wile completely crushing the front end.

I found a 99 Dodge Dakota Sport to mess around with.....I'm also looking at a Pathfinder (late 90's model) to get me around. CHEAP payments for about a year....and with the xtra $$$ that thing will be built up in no time.

I'm definitely hooked on Nissans. I'm seriously considering the Pathy. :shock: :( :wink:

Last edited by XterraXtian on Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:44 am 
Bklyn.X wrote:

Patty, I know you loved Pete. You know I love my junk heap, but in the end it?s just a thing. Don?t get your head too wrapped up with it. Please remember that you made that truck Pete, the truck did not make you Pepper. Think of the happy times you had with it, look forward to getting well and then more happy times with something else. :D

Thank you. And you're right (again). Chris said that last night. I made the truck what it was, not the other way around. Although I will still say that any coolness I attained was because of that truck....not because I am. HAHAHA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:53 am 
Global Moderator

Trucks are always cool. We humans just can?t sustain it for long periods of time. I can keep the facade going for a short time but then I weaken and revert back to the a-hole I truly am. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:13 pm 
bitchslap Tom, I know you're kidding when you talk about your "asshole-ness"...but I WILL bitch slap you every time you say it. And as far as cool goes, your pic is next to it in the dictionary. I also found out that in one jungle society somewhere in Uganda, the word TOM means extreme coolness. In Egypt, they found a heiroglyph in the COOL section of a wall, of a "strange vehicle" that looks strangely like a silver X with a snorkel, and hanging out of it was a man with a hat larger than King Tut's with the Egytian letters T, O, and M on it.

Coincidence? I think not.

hehehe...all joking aside, thank you. You're a good man, and a wonderful friend.

:cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 am 
Noob

I haven't been on much either. Glad to hear you and Paco are OK. That sounds like some scary ride.

Be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:52 pm 
Due to overwhelming demand and questions of, "are you going to name your Blazer 'RE-PETE?", I decided to go to a Thesaurus and look up "REPEAT" and DITTO came up. It made me laugh out loud, sitting alone in my living room. Of course, I sat back and cried a little.....I still miss Pete.....but looked back at the screen and saw "DITTO" and it's definition and laughed again.

So.....fooling around with a picture I took earlier of my Blazer (on my cell phone's camera) I made this:

Not quite as "B-A" as Pete was....but I have found some inspiration at a Blazer Forum....in the form of a 2" Rough Country SL and a 2" BL that I will be able to have on/done by the beginning of summer if I play my cards right. I was going to go right for the 6" lift....but I would want a SAS when I did it, and I'm not doing THAT much to it until I turn it into a full-time trail rig...and that won't be for a while.

PS....Ditto's the same color as Pete....hehehe... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:42 pm 
Forum User

Hell you can SAS that thing with a Jeep Rubicon D44. There is a company in the midwest that makes a "kit" for it.

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticl ... index.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next