It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:46 pm 
Forum User

Glad you are alright!!
The truck can be replaced.
I know what that feels like :(

2010 Honda Fit Sport 5-Speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:50 pm 
Forum User

Good to hear you and paco are doing ok.

Pic of me and the X in action <-- click me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:46 pm 
Forum User

wow sorry to hear about the loss of the x, glad to see you made it ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:55 pm 
Forum User

Wow, glad you are ok...

And just to add the thought to your Jeep/X decision... If you were in the Jeep, Chris would be the one letting us know about the accident... And the other driver would have said " You feel that? Hmm must have been a pothole, Oh well." ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:05 pm 
Thanks guys!

And, Mike, you're right....I know I walked away because of the sheer bulk of the X. In a Jeep, DEFINITELY a different outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 pm 
Noob

Jeeps are shorter he may have missed you...... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 pm 
Supporting Member

Glad to hear that you're ok..
And, Pete did his job by making sure you were able to walk away from something that could very well have been a lot worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:53 pm 
Forum User

Patty... Glad you're OK!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:38 pm 
Forum User

Wow, sorry about your truck. Glad you're okay though! Keep your chin up you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:17 pm 
{this is kind of a long one}

I want to thank you all for your words. I know you're sincere and that's why I have always loved being a part of the Xterra world. I know you also all understand the loss I feel. We all love our rigs, they're a part of us. A lot of work goes into them...and a lot of memories.

Being laid up, I have nothing more to do than relive my "Xterra Life" from the day I bought it until yesterday. All the memories in between. Trying to remember every single memory before they disappear. I've run through my first experience with Nexterra....Voluntown. Svendog met me on the highway and we all met at the gas station. It was my first time meeting Jeff, Steph and Gene, and Mark.

I try to think of what my greatest memory was. Is it crazy that I cannot come up with just one that was better than an other? And then WITHIN those memories are smaller memories that are just as cool? About a week after the Voluntown run was my first Mod Weekend...the Mikes got body-lifts. I remember going into the bathroom to wipe happy-tears away cuz I didn't want to "be a girl" around them. But I was just so overwhelmed by THEIR happiness. The trucks looked great. (I decided I didn't want a BL though, seeing what the truck goes through!) I did my diff-breather mod that weekend and thought I was bad ass.

That was a great memory with a bunch of little great ones within. It was the weekend of the drunk "Where's Gene" calling and posting in several forums. It was the first time I hung out with you guys. So much more I could go on forever, but will spare you the boredom! (hey, if you made it this far in reading, congrats!)

I will never forget meeting Tom. I can't say much more than that...but Tom, you ARE the man. Show up with a cigar. A shirt that says "my other ride is your mom"....how could I not completely adore you????

I know we really don't talk much any more, but the one memory that sticks out is my OWN mod day...when Shmittey had said that he couldn't make it and secretly had planned to be there the whole time and drove up and surprised me. No matter where we are in our lives, Mike, I will never forget that.

I'll never forget everyone coming that day and helping me. It was one of the greatest days ever. Not even exaggerating. It was wicked.

I also remember my less than wonderful moments. ECXC, for one. I made some mistakes (had a great time, though) but I know I had made a couple people angry with my tirade over Wendy being as drunk as he was. For almost hitting Svendog's X and acting like you all were crazy yelling at me to stop because I thought I had "plenty" of room.

I've made some of the greatest friends ever in this club...some of you I still talk to regularly and have visited with or have plans for visits, etc etc. You ALL are a great bunch and I miss you. I've missed you since moving away. The last time I was with you all was when we gave Steph her CAI. That was a great time. I pray my own club steps up the way you guys do if someone's ever in need. Although I'm sure they would, as I wouldn't want anyone in my club that wouldn't...and I know the people running this club feel the same.

But as many times as I've done things right, I've made mistakes with some of you, chosen words I probably shouldn't have, maybe even actions. I cannot leave now (though I'll still stop by and say "hey" every now and then) without apologizing and telling you how much I am sorry...and in case there's any confusion, I mean Svendog and Shmittey. Sorry for putting it out there in the open, but we haven't had the easiest of times getting along and I know a lot of it was me. But I love you both, no matter what, and you & everyone in this club continues to be in my prayers and my GOOD memories.

I know I'm being all gushy and I'm even rolling my OWN eyes at this........a lot of it is being heartbroken over losing my truck (I haven't had an hour without tears since the accident) and the Vicodin.....but I sincerely wanted to say these things.....and there's a whole lot more I would say to so many of you, but time's running short and my hip is killing me sitting here this long!

Thank you all for being a huge part of my life.
I'll keep in touch and let you know what I find. I'm looking at a Jeep tomorrow, but there's an X I want to see too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:37 pm 
Forum User

Sorry to hear about your truck and we're glad you're okay!
Ed & Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm 
Supporting Member

Wow i'm glad your ok, i hope everything works out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 pm 
Forum User

Just saw this:
Glad to here you are OK.
Vehicles can always be replaced. People, on the other hand...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:39 am 
Forum User

Glad you called me Patty and again I am Glad that you are OK.
I know Pete was a BIG part of your life and he is going to be missed. Maybe he can help some other Xs grow up if you don't get another X ( total Bummer if you don't but at least I'll still be able to see you on the trail. Even if it's in a Jeep! LOL ).

Keep in touch and let me know if there is anything I can do.

Again I am glad that you are OK.

Talk to ya soon

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:46 pm 
Forum User

Hey Patty,
Glad to hear you are alright.
Really sucks about the X, but it definitely did it's job when it came down to it.

I hope you're back up and out on the trails soon with whatever you end up with. :D

The guys at LINXC send their regards!
And you can still join us on the beaches even if you get a Jeep. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next