It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 am

Post subject: Calmini or 4x4parts????
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:53 pm 
Noob

I need suggestions quickly as I'll be ordering whichever ever lift kit this week! The issue I'm having is that I've read so many reviews stating that Calmini is a bad company and doesn't ship quickly if at all. I refuse to wait 6 months for a lift kit, I'm already busting my a$$ to get my X ready for ECXC this year. I called Calmini today and he said everything is "in stock" and he just has to make the UCA's but it still makes me nervous. Has anyone on here had experience with them at all? I just don't want to make a $1,500 bad decision is what I'm saying...please help!

Post subject: Re: Calmini or 4x4parts????
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:50 am 
Club Secretary

From what I hear Calmini’s product is great. I also hear about some who have a 6+ month wait for critical parts of their lift. Some resorting to local fabricators long before the missing parts are sent.

A few years ago I ordered their travel correction brackets for a 4th of July sale and got them in September. I contacted them weekly or every other week and the story was always ‘we’re making a run of them next’.

I can’t speak to the quality or design differences between the two. It may be that the Calmini product is superior to 4x4parts and it is worth the possible wait.

My X. http://www.nexterra.org/forums/viewtopi ... =71&t=9534

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:52 am 
Supporting Member

Calmini is well known to take money and either not deliver parts or take a year to deliver. I'd stay away

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:15 pm 
Noob

And that's exactly what I'm afraid of! Looks like it's 4x4parts for me then! Thanks guys. I'm a regular over at clubxterra...the layout here is a little different and not as user friendly (to me) but I'm trying to stay active.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 pm 
Noob

Kenwebb28 wrote:
I need suggestions quickly as I'll be ordering whichever ever lift kit this week! The issue I'm having is that I've read so many reviews stating that Calmini is a bad company and doesn't ship quickly if at all. I refuse to wait 6 months for a lift kit, I'm already busting my a$$ to get my X ready for ECXC this year. I called Calmini today and he said everything is "in stock" and he just has to make the UCA's but it still makes me nervous. Has anyone on here had experience with them at all? I just don't want to make a $1,500 bad decision is what I'm saying...please help!
4x4parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk