It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:58 pm

Post subject: Anyone "near" upstate NY with a shop space?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:05 pm 
Noob

Afternoon,
I have some parts that i need to paint and my preference is to spray them with raptor liner. I have the compressor, reg setup, professional gun, etc. Just no where inside to spray during winter. If anyone within a 2hr (or so) drive from albany NY has a shop or garage space, i'd be willing to paint any parts you have as well on my dime. I've done a few things with the kit and had great results with coverage to protect against our terrible, salty winters. I have all the necessary gear including a 120V compressor, indoor safe propane heater and plastic sheeting to protect anything.

Again, i can roll on but i prefer to spray and get better coverage. If anyone would be interested, let me know as i am looking to do this first week of january.

Post subject: Re: Anyone "near" upstate NY with a shop space?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:29 am 
Noob

I live half an hour north of Albany and have a 2 car garage. It isn't heated but you said you've got a heater.

The only thing is my compressor trips the breaker when it tries to refill so I'm not sure how useful that would be to you. I have to fill it, turn it off, and turn it back on when I need to fill it again. For whatever reason it just trips when it tries to automatically fill.

I don't know what you plan to paint but the door is also only about 7' high. My Xterra barely fits in there but if you have a taller one and need to drive inside it might not work.

It isn't the ideal setup for you but I am happy to offer it up if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:42 pm 
Noob

Turbo Janitor wrote:
I live half an hour north of Albany and have a 2 car garage. It isn't heated but you said you've got a heater.

The only thing is my compressor trips the breaker when it tries to refill so I'm not sure how useful that would be to you. I have to fill it, turn it off, and turn it back on when I need to fill it again. For whatever reason it just trips when it tries to automatically fill.

I don't know what you plan to paint but the door is also only about 7' high. My Xterra barely fits in there but if you have a taller one and need to drive inside it might not work.

It isn't the ideal setup for you but I am happy to offer it up if you want.

Hey i appreciate the offer! i was looking at my supplies and i realized i ordered the bottle s of raptor that do not thread onto the gun. I will be rolling on the application i guess. If you ever want to wheel locally at some state forests or need a free hand modding, repairs etc, message me.
Are you attending the northern exposure run?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:55 pm 
Noob

messaged

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:24 am 
Supporting Member

This is why I love the wheeling community.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:37 am 
Noob

Jmferg3 wrote:
Are you attending the northern exposure run?

Yeah I plan to drive down on the 13th and get a hotel nearby. I will decide on the 14th if I feel up to driving back or not that day

I signed up for the easier run with the green trails

And I'd be down to explore some stuff locally. I haven't had a chance to try to see much because I don't know many people willing to go offroad. I've done a little exploring at Pittstown State Forest and Rensselaerville State Forest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:05 pm 
Noob

Thanks Esa!

I got my hefty sliders and WAM winch mount sprayed. This was an extremely generous offer and why (sometimes) i love the internet, and more specifically, communities like these.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:09 am 
Noob

Glad I could be of assistance. Hopefully you can get everything mounted before you've gotta leave for Rausch this weekend