It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

Post subject: How is it going?
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:10 pm 
Global Moderator

During these times I hope everyone is doing well. Can’t wait to get out and about again and I was curious if you’d like to share how you’ve been passing the time.

I’ve been Gaming, painting, staining, cleaning the garage to name a few things and getting ready for summah that I hope will arrive! We have a freeze warning for tonight! This can stop anytime now!!

How about you?

Post subject: Re: How is it going?
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:09 am 
Club President

Been keeping busy here with the family. We've been doing some spring yard cleanup. I cleaned the back gutters a week ago, and need to tackle the front gutters soon.

A few weeks ago, I found a sparrow's nest with 5 eggs in it inside of a bag of soil we had saved from last season. It was open, but I had rolled it up and put it under the eaves for the winter. Well, nature found its way inside, and over the past few weeks, my wife has been keeping an eye on them - as well as the mother bird, who has been keeping a close eye on my wife - and has been taking pictures of them from a safe distance. So far, she believes 3 of the 5 eggs have hatched.

We try to go on a hike - safely - if the weekends give us at least one good day of weather.

We dropped off some things for our mothers this past weekend.

I'm looking forward to the warmer weather myself. I hope that we'll be able to head to some pools. I'm not a beach guy. That sand gets everywhere.

Post subject: Re: How is it going?
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 pm 
Supporting Member

My company is not itself essential but we have many essential customers. This meant about 40% of the company going on furlough, including me. That was fine with me the first two weeks, as I was recovering from surgery anyway. But it got old fast. When they asked if I wanted to come back early, I pounced.

But I did get to spend a ton (too much?) quality time with my wife and daughter.

I got to take the dog for a walk. Haven't done that in maybe a year!

Spring cleanup in the back yard by my own hands for the first time in four years.

If it weren't for all the suffering and death, this wouldn't be so bad....