It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

Post subject: Just a thought
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:41 am 
Forum User

Had an idea,
What if we all did a run for a drive by birthday wish or a fundraiser. No wheeling, but something we could all practice social distancing. My father got his harley out yesterday and do a run with 40 other harley riders and did a drive through a town for a retired officer with cancer.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Just a thought
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:53 am 
Global Moderator

That’s great that your dad was able to honor that retired officer! :usa:

As cool as it would be for us to do a drive by birthday wish or a fundraiser, I think it might not be a good idea for a bunch to drive someplace to gather…me up to MA or you down to Brooklyn.

I got on my bike a few weeks ago with the thought of it being the embodiment of social distancing. Afterwards I thought to myself "what if I got into an accident?'. I'd be just another burden on the already overwhelmed system.

I realize that parading around town in my truck isn't in any way as risky as my reckless and juvenile high-speed antics on the relatively empty NYC roadways but still, I can’t help but feel it would be a bit selfish.

Maybe if it was just local guys doing a local thing it would be okay but even then, I think it's better if we all just stay home, work on our trucks and web-wheel until this crap is over.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:13 pm 
Forum User

Bklyn.X wrote:
That’s great that your dad was able to honor that retired officer! :usa:

As cool as it would be for us to do a drive by birthday wish or a fundraiser, I think it might not be a good idea for a bunch to drive someplace to gather…me up to MA or you down to Brooklyn.

I got on my bike a few weeks ago with the thought of it being the embodiment of social distancing. Afterwards I thought to myself "what if I got into an accident?'. I'd be just another burden on the already overwhelmed system.

I realize that parading around town in my truck isn't in any way as risky as my reckless and juvenile high-speed antics on the relatively empty NYC roadways but still, I can’t help but feel it would be a bit selfish.

Maybe if it was just local guys doing a local thing it would be okay but even then, I think it's better if we all just stay home, work on our trucks and web-wheel until this crap is over.
I get it, just want to get out lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:19 pm 
Club President

I see both sides here.

If there were handful of us in one town, I might see us doing it. However, as Tom pointed out, for multiple trucks from various cities/states to come do this, I feel it would be a bit selfish on our part, even though our intentions would be to honor a local hero.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:50 pm 
Supporting Member

What if we never got out of our rigs? We can communicate by CB or phone (passengers only!)

And since we're spitballing, does anyone have any Xterra parts or accessories of value? We could auction them and give the proceeds to a charity in support of covid relief.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:43 pm 
Forum User

BostonX wrote:
What if we never got out of our rigs? We can communicate by CB or phone (passengers only!)

And since we're spitballing, does anyone have any Xterra parts or accessories of value? We could auction them and give the proceeds to a charity in support of covid relief.
I just recently gave my oem step sides, and mud flaps to a fellow xterra owner in town. They were very happy. Ive been trying to get them on here and build xterra/frontier on Facebook. There xterra has tons electrical issues. Every light on, on the dash.