It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

Post subject: SSERIOUS ADVICE PLEASE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:29 am 
Forum User

ADVICE NEEDED:
Sorry, been gone a good while, so many family health issues to deal with. Hope you understand & maybe remember me, at least a little.

I own a 2009 Xterra Off Road, bought new. She has just under 50,000 original miles, Nissan Dealership Maintained with no one else touching the car mechanically. I have ALL papers from any mechanical work done on the car since it was bought new. She's got me through the worst of weather for the last 12 years & we get a lot of snow up here on this mountain.

I am having an issue with RUST over the rear passenger side wheel well, I know it might be expensive to repair. I have to find someone WORTHY that I can TRUST to get work done, since the car is in very good condition outside otherwise. Has a few "run away shopping cart" minor scratches, never been truly off road. Interior pretty much very good, a very scratches on console but that's about it, very CLEAN.

New brake lines, & brakes, relatively new muffler, WELL MAINTAINED mechanically. with oil changes, tire rotations etc I am having a difficult time making the decision to REPAIR the Rust...since it's only got less than 50,000 miles...........then again....

I am considering possibly selling it since I have osteoporosis & osteoarthritis & it's a bit difficult to climb in & out of it& I am 5 feet tall (NO step rails)

I know the Xterra's are in HIGH demand....she IS my BABY so IF I decide to sell instead of get it repaired....I would HAVE to KNOW whoever buys it will give her a great home & she'd be taken care of.................(tears here)......

I would prefer to sell it to someone whose a member here than to a stranger because I know you are die hard fans....like me...I owned a 2003 Xterra bought new, traded it in for this one back in 2009. This one is Night Armor in color standard cloth interior.

I TRUST you guys so hope you can give me some solid advice. I live in North East PA.....outside of Wilkes Barre..."up on the Mountain"...

Thank You......Lorrie

Post subject: Re: SSERIOUS ADVICE PLEASE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:01 am 
Forum User

SOLD

Post subject: Re: SSERIOUS ADVICE PLEASE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:21 pm 
Club President

Lorrie, I'm sorry to see you had to sell the truck! What did you get to replace it?