It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

Post subject: Extended Sway Bar Links
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:09 pm 
Noob

Hey all looking for front and rear sway extended sway bar links for my 07 xterra with a 3"lift and possibly a really good xterra mechanic I hit bambie last night if its not totalled It will need a xterra.

Post subject: Re: Extended Sway Bar Links
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:36 pm 
Forum User

Most people just take their rear swaybars off, for more articulation. And most hardly notice the difference.

What kind of lift are you doing?

If youre replacing your springs, than a heavier spring rate will make up for any body roll and you can take the front off too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:21 pm 
Forum User

The way I drive and use my X to tow, I want my sway bars in place. For the rear Nisstec has a sway bar relocation bracket http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58999&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72 set that I installed. I have yet to find anything for the front but I'm hopeful. I may buy a 2nd set of end links and see about having them cut and spaced apart with a piece of matching id mechanical tubing. Just have to come up with a fixture to keep the angles correct while tig-ing them back together.

Sorry about the deer strike, hope everything works out okay for you. And WELCOME to the site!

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 am 
Supporting Member

Prg sells extended front endlinks,they should do the job for the front.
Scott,you probably wouldn't notice if the rear was disconnected,I have mine off and tow. But it's all personal preference.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:00 am 
Forum User

TKX wrote:
Scott,you probably wouldn't notice if the rear was disconnected,I have mine off and tow. But it's all personal preference.

I have concerns about the open Heim Joints holding up. Maybe it's time to float the question on how they are holding up over on TNX. I saw the home assembled/ McMasterCarr parts ones didn't hold up, but no long term reports on Prg's links.

Guess I should grow a pair and try running with the rear sway bar off. Think I would have made it up the ledge?

And on another note, I'm glad it was just your CV joint, and that your back in business.

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 am 
Supporting Member

Scott Farris wrote:
TKX wrote:

I have concerns about the open Heim Joints holding up. Maybe it's time to float the question on how they are holding up over on TNX. I saw the home assembled/ McMasterCarr parts ones didn't hold up, but no long term reports on Prg's links.

Guess I should grow a pair and try running with the rear sway bar off. Think I would have made it up the ledge?

And on another note, I'm glad it was just your CV joint, and that your back in business.

Scott

I had the prg links for a bit and they were holding up OK,not sure how a few winters would treat them though. The ledge,maybe,its hit or miss for most of us. Fun trying though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:06 pm 
Forum User

I was told the secret of the Ledge is to air down enough. With Sat night supposed to be pretty green with some light blue thrown in, I was only aired down to 19/20 psi. Next time I should be running Pizza cutters aired down to 14/15 psi. and maybe even in the day time :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:18 pm 
Club Vice President

The 'Legde' is actually three separate ones - a moderate, difficult & crazy one. I've only seen Ernie go up the crazy size successfully... and back down too! :shock:

The difficult one (or the middle) used to be a lot easier but with the bottom being dugout, it's a lot more challenging. I had difficulty getting up that with both lockers on Sat afternoon. Had to use way too much skinny pedal & wheel spin for my comfort. Low PSI is definitely a must, lockers help too.

Definitely worth a shot in daylight for modified rigs.