Post subject: Re: 2009 Nissan Frontier KC Pro-4X 6SPD
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:32 pm 
Club President

Sorry to see it go, Mike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:17 am 
Supporting Member

I was too Mike. Took me a little by surprise because I had a lot of emails but no one ever came to look at it.

Losing Gremlin really started it. That place made a quick day out so much easier than hauling down to PA or up to NH and since I knew the trails well I knew I could just go there and have fun and not worry about much other than what I was making for lunch.

Without that, to go to PA again I'd really want to be on a trailer and the truck should've had a lot of work done to it. By the time I figured it all out, if I decide to keep wheeling, I'd be better off buying something already built for less money than it would've taken to build the Frontier into what I always wanted. I could get something better suited for the task that's safer to be stupid in for half the money of building my truck.

At the end of the day we shall see what happens. I'm staying a member and if we ever get back to more normalish runs I'm certainly down to ride with anyone who'll have me as a passenger and I didn't lose all the knowledge I gained of these rigs so if anyone has a question about something I can try to help.

We also built a brand new garage and I have all the tools to rebuild coilovers specifically so any club member that needs them can buy the seal kits and come on down to the house for a cup of coffee and we can rebuild them. Maybe in the Spring if I can throw the wife out of the house for a day we can have a mod day at the house for any club members that need some stuff done. I should have all my tools and whatnot setup by then.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:45 pm 
Supporting Member

westracing01 wrote:
I was too Mike. Took me a little by surprise because I had a lot of emails but no one ever came to look at it.

Losing Gremlin really started it. That place made a quick day out so much easier than hauling down to PA or up to NH and since I knew the trails well I knew I could just go there and have fun and not worry about much other than what I was making for lunch.

Without that, to go to PA again I'd really want to be on a trailer and the truck should've had a lot of work done to it. By the time I figured it all out, if I decide to keep wheeling, I'd be better off buying something already built for less money than it would've taken to build the Frontier into what I always wanted. I could get something better suited for the task that's safer to be stupid in for half the money of building my truck.

At the end of the day we shall see what happens. I'm staying a member and if we ever get back to more normalish runs I'm certainly down to ride with anyone who'll have me as a passenger and I didn't lose all the knowledge I gained of these rigs so if anyone has a question about something I can try to help.

We also built a brand new garage and I have all the tools to rebuild coilovers specifically so any club member that needs them can buy the seal kits and come on down to the house for a cup of coffee and we can rebuild them. Maybe in the Spring if I can throw the wife out of the house for a day we can have a mod day at the house for any club members that need some stuff done. I should have all my tools and whatnot setup by then.

Hopefully the truck will continue to get used.
I might take you up on that garage offer to rebuild my radflos..Haven't had a fun mod day in years it seems.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:27 am 
Supporting Member

By all means. Spring time will be better. I'm on the mend from Carpal Tunnel surgery and I don't have everything wired up in the garage yet. I have to get my air compressor in there, wire plugs, build my work bench, mount the spring compressor, etc.

Just get the seal kits from Radflo. I don't have Radflo shock oil but I have a new Jug of Fox juice and shock oil is shock oil.