LAME 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
this guy gives wheeling a bad name 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
yawn 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
whatever 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Nissan Xterra Offroad Adventures Vol. 1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:14 pm 
Forum User

My little guy and I have been watching off roading videos on you tube today and we watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyaWACi3dgw

the editing is great,but it's to much of a commercial to me.I normally don't post comments on videos on the you tube site,but I couldn't help myself.

and for the record out of all the videos we watched today my little guy who will be 3 next month said this was boring and dumb.what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:03 pm 
Global Moderator

I fell asleep halfway through?Image
How did it end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:59 pm 
Forum User

I have more "on road" streets I drive, that are worse off than those "off road" paths that he/she was driving. Damm they need to come to NYC area and see what true OnRoad is. Anyone doubting this just PM me and I'll show you some sorry arse streets that NYC claims are vehicle worthy. I'm more than sure (even without checking) that Bklyn.X can state the same too. Sorry I just laugh my arse off every time some car driver feels the need to avoid a sewer cap to avoid damage to the car. :roll: If your that low get newer shocks or lift the damm thing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:45 pm 
Supporting Member

You know call me the ass but I have to give the person credit. At least they've taken it off the beaten path more than most have. Maybe it's not as hardcore as we do, but at least it's something. Hell that's more offroad action than Steph's X has seen.

The video was well put together and I give them thumbs up.. :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:16 pm 
Forum User

RIXterra wrote:
You know call me the ass.....
The video was well put together and I give them thumbs up.. :thumbup:

Well since you are ASKING FOR IT.. You Ass!! :lol:

Don't take it the wrong way, it was a nice video and edited nicely (ran HS cable station), it just definatly doesn't do the X justice for its capabilities. And this is coming from someone who drives stock (except for armor). I mean come on RIX spinning both drivers side tires on that speed bump of a creek????? I only wish I could have the time and capability to do something that professionally. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:41 pm 
Supporting Member

Well I see what you guys are saying but look at it this way. Maybe it was the first time they've ever done anything like that. Look back to when everyone started out, did you run hardcore trails? I know I didn't I ran some logging roads and thought it was a wicked blast. I say they had a good time, so run with it and have a blast. At least they're not riding around the mall claiming they have this badassed offroading truck picking up 16 year olds. and it doesn't look like this POS!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 pm 
Forum User

RIXterra wrote:

Just in case nobody caught it last time...
[SARCASM]
What.?.?.?

I always drive my vehicle with the wipers up, trying to pick up jail bait. :lol: :lol: :lol: And he needs bigger rims! :shock: :?
[ /SARCASMOFF]
:lol:

Being quite honest, I'm still waiting for those trails. :lol: I figure when my arse decides to go inside out then I will have experienced OFFROAD. :oops: Sorry, I know I haven't done alot of trails, but nothing I have been on so far warrants any value I guess. Will say the one off camber from BTS's last run had me thinking but nothing I was worried about. :wink: TOO MANY GOOD SPOTTERS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 am 
Forum User

RIXterra wrote:
Well I see what you guys are saying but look at it this way. Maybe it was the first time they've ever done anything like that. Look back to when everyone started out, did you run hardcore trails?

The trails I started wheeling on were more "hardcore" than what this guy is doing.I'm not saying I'm a off roading god or anything like that,I still have a lot to learn,but with every off road experience you learn something new anyway.I guess I'm just use to seeing more difficult wheeling,if this guy is happy doing what he is doing that is great,for me it would be kind of boring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:10 am 
Forum User

Well that is the type of offroading Nissan expects us to do in order to keep those next gen diffs intact. LOL

Nicely editted video though, gotta admit that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:54 am 
Supporting Member

RIXterra wrote:
Well I see what you guys are saying but look at it this way. Maybe it was the first time they've ever done anything like that. Look back to when everyone started out, did you run hardcore trails? I know I didn't I ran some logging roads and thought it was a wicked blast. I say they had a good time, so run with it and have a blast. At least they're not riding around the mall claiming they have this badassed offroading truck picking up 16 year olds. and it doesn't look like this POS!!

Is the Door handle a gun????? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:04 pm 
Supporting Member

Hmmmm it looks like it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:11 pm 
you find this in any "sport/activity", i see guys surfing all the time out in the middle of winter for the first time because they saw surfing once on MTV and it looks easy enough, so they buy a wetsuit pay way to much for, they go under one wave and theyre back on the beach and into their heated cars in under ten minutes, point is some poeple are more skilled than others and id rather those guys park their a$$es in their cars then be out in the middle of the ocean where i may have to save them or have them put me in danger by cutting me off...same goes for wheeling...people have fun in different ways and skill sets an even though theyre not doing a 8 rated course, theyre probably having fun and theyre not from the looks of the video ruining anything or driving irresponsibly...id rather they stick to those kind of trails then get seriously hurt on a harder trail or ruin the fun for the reset of us on harder trails....thats my personal take on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:09 pm 
Supporting Member

I say we invite him to join our club and create a video position for him. He does nice work there. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:51 pm 
Supporting Member

While I think it's great that he took the truck offroad, my first thought was that 'geez, that guy sure loves himself.'

overall, nice video.. I'd just like to have seen him do something a little more of a challenge for the truck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:47 pm 
I have too much ADD right now to read the other posts, so I may repeat....but I have two opinions. One, it was cool to see someone enjoying their X no matter where they are, so I voted it "was awesome".

But the other part of me laughed at that being called off road. My driveway is more off road than that. (my driveway is awesome) He went thru a puddle on a dirt road (but then we've been on a couple trail runs like that here) and he spun a tire on a dip between dirt roads...but I wouldn't call that off roading.

Anyway, who's to say...there are a lot of ideas of what off road is or is not. To each his own. He was having fun in a beautiful X, that's all that matters!!!