It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

Post subject: Custom NEXTERRA Trailer Hitch Plug Round 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 pm 
Events Committee Member

MMDR Designs presents: Custom NEXTERRA Trailer Hitch Plug Round 2

As all but 1 model are printed and being prepared for payment and shipping we are offering to make another batch.

There are 2 designs available:
A: completely insertable (flush) - this sits flush to the outer edge of the hitch (do not select this option if your tow hitch is plated off in the back, as you will have no way to remove the plug). See top row of photos below.
B: flanged - this sits outside of the outer edge of your tow hitch mount (see MMDR Designs model photo below)

ImageTow Hitch Pic Comparison Labeled by MMDR Designs, on Flickr

Color options:
Vorex Grey (models in above pictures are this resin)
Vorex White - this is more of a solid almost paper white color
Formlabs Black (limited supply)
Formlabs White - this white is more of a milky (think skim milk) white

Terms and Warranties:
These are novelty tow hitch plugs. We are selling these “as is”. We can not guarantee that they will fit your tow hitch, hold up to the elements or that they will not fall out with excessive jostling (i.e., off-roading). These models have been tested in our Hefty tow hitch. In our own tests, the resin has help up beautifully in the elements, and the plug does remain in place with normal driving conditions. The flanged plug should be able to be removed via the flanges on the front. The flush plug will need to be gently pushed out from the back. Use at your own risk.

Please post in this thread if you want to purchase:
The name you’d like on the plug (where MMDR Designs is located on our example)
The resin type and color
The model style (flanged or flush)

Price:
Supporting Members:
$20.- plus shipping. If you are attending ECXC I will bring the models with me to save shipping but the model must be paid for prior to July 12, 2016.

Non-Supporting Members:
$25.- plus shipping. If you are attending ECXC I will bring the models with me to save shipping but the model must be paid for prior to July 12, 2016.

I will be donating a portion of the price difference for non-supporting members to NEXTERRA.

Conditions of the purchase:
1. Customization of the hitch plug beyond screen name may incur additional charges depending on the amount of work involved. We will provide a quote and pic of the model for your approval.
2. We will create a CAD drawing for you to review. Once you approve the plug, it will then be placed in our Etsy store, specifically for your purchase. You may purchase through Etsy however you would prefer (credit card, Paypal, Etsy gift card, etc). We will ship the plug to you on the next business day after the Etsy purchase is completed.
3. Shipping is estimated to be either one of two flat rates. Standard US Mail will be $4.50 and Priority Mail will be $6.80.

Please post up if you have any questions and we will answer them as soon as we can!

Post subject: Re: Custom NEXTERRA Trailer Hitch Plug Round 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:51 pm 
Events Committee Member

I'll take 2 hitch plugs,
1) Bass4runner, black, Flanged style
2) The Seeky Ninja , Black, Flanged Style

Thanks
Ernie
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:09 am 
Events Committee Member

Bass4Runner wrote:
I'll take 2 hitch plugs,
1) Bass4runner, black, Flanged style
2) The Seeky Ninja , Black, Flanged Style

Thanks
Ernie
:mrgreen:

Thank you for your order
Here are pics of the model for your approval:

ImageTrailer Hitch Plug Bass4Runner by MMDR Designs, on Flickr

ImageTrailer Hitch Plug Sneeky Ninja Flanged by MMDR Designs, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:49 pm 
Events Committee Member

They look awesome thanks !!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 pm 
Events Committee Member

Bass4Runner wrote:
They look awesome thanks !!

Thank you!

Here are the models for your review.

ImageDSC_0868 by MMDR Designs, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0869 by MMDR Designs, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:28 pm 
Events Committee Member

Awesome !! Thanks :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:17 am 
Events Committee Member

It is not too late get your hitch plug delivered to ECXC.

Matt,

Here is your model proof:

ImageTrailer Hitch Plug PATCHY by MMDR Designs, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:45 pm 
Forum User

Hey Dave. I had a little problem with mine. Not sure if it's just mine, but it got deformed, maybe from sitting in the hitch, in the sun all day. Not sure why. I'm not. Not Looking for a refund, as I got two sets . I haven't installed the second one yet.

[img][IMG]http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p524/petar1216/DC381C44-D681-46E6-8A3A-869AADB2E65D_zpsdqz1b0te.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p524/petar1216/49B491F4-80A5-4159-BF89-19B0039F725C_zpse1v5fdee.jpg[/img][/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:24 pm 
Events Committee Member

Blk11Xterra wrote:
Hey Dave. I had a little problem with mine. Not sure if it's just mine, but it got deformed, maybe from sitting in the hitch, in the sun all day. Not sure why. I'm not. Not Looking for a refund, as I got two sets . I haven't installed the second one yet.

[img][IMG]http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p524/petar1216/DC381C44-D681-46E6-8A3A-869AADB2E65D_zpsdqz1b0te.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p524/petar1216/49B491F4-80A5-4159-BF89-19B0039F725C_zpse1v5fdee.jpg[/img][/img]

Peter,

We are very sorry this happened. I have had parts I printed (in black resin) on my truck for a year now with no issues. I am opening a support ticket with the resin manufacturer to see if they can provide insight into why this happened.

Can you tell me how hot it was the day this happened. It will help further troubleshoot the root cause.

Regardless that I sent you two, we will be refunding your money in the next day or two.

-David

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:34 pm 
Noob

MMDR Designs wrote:

Matt,

Thanks david. Looks great

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:15 am 
Forum User

MMDR Designs wrote:
Blk11Xterra wrote:

Peter,

We are very sorry this happened. I have had parts I printed (in black resin) on my truck for a year now with no issues. I am opening a support ticket with the resin manufacturer to see if they can provide insight into why this happened.

Can you tell me how hot it was the day this happened. It will help further troubleshoot the root cause.

Regardless that I sent you two, we will be refunding your money in the next day or two.

-David

Not really sure how hot, or if that is the reason, but hottest it's been was low to mid 90's. I was going to paint my rear bumper, was going to take out the hitch plug, and it came out like that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:50 pm 
Events Committee Member

Blk11Xterra wrote:
MMDR Designs wrote:
Blk11Xterra wrote:

Peter,

-David

Not really sure how hot, or if that is the reason, but hottest it's been was low to mid 90's. I was going to paint my rear bumper, was going to take out the hitch plug, and it came out like that

Thanks for the information. Could you please bring the melted one to ECXC as the manufacturer of the resin would like to further investigate this issue?

Thank you.

-David

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:55 pm 
Events Committee Member

patchy wrote:
MMDR Designs wrote:

Matt,

Thanks david. Looks great

Thanks, but we are going to have to suspend the manufacture of these until we can figure out what went wrong with Peter's. We will let you know when/if we can put them into production again.

-David