It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 am

Post subject: First Time In Snow
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:40 pm 
:wink: Hey guys. Today was the first time I ever wheeled in the snow with my X. As a matter of fact, today was the first time I ever DROVE in the snow with it!!!!

We finally got some snow in our neck of the woods and it figures, as I had made these plans to go wheelin' with Jay (Savage Henry) and Jeff (Cornick). Jeff had to back out as his son was sick he didn't want to shake him around in the back....so he just showed up at the meeting place in Saratoga Springs to say hello and then go back home. Anyway, he took off...so it was just me and Jay.

The snow was AMAZING! I LOVVVVVVE the snow. Of course, we were on trails that weren't all rocky, like some of the ones we do a PAP and RC....but there were a few. Stumps to try to get up on for a pose. There were also a few hills, even river crossings (though frozen over today). We came upon several downed trees blocking our path...but for two people who just met an hour or so earlier we made a super team and got past the obstacles.

One such tree removal involved a birch (ooooooh, my favorite!) that was bent over the road in an arch and the top was frozen into the water (which Jay says is usually 4-5 inches deep) So I gave him my tow strap and he used his X to free the top from the water...and then we pushed it back out of the way, slingshot style.....he held it while I grabbed a bungee from my X and we bungeed it to another tree. It worked and we could pass. If that bungee let go, that tree would swing around like a crazy wind up toy and knock the life outta anything in the way. It was fun. hehehe

There was another tree down that we each held the branches back for the other to pass. Man, was it fun. Another time, I got out of a "severely buried tire" predicament in a rut he'd made....I believe MUCH to the astonishment of my new pal!!!

Anyway......here's an album with some pics. I included some pics of his X in some neat places. I was so proud of Pete (my X)....he did me proud again....as usual. I'm so lucky I bought my X. Besides, I wouldn't know YOU GUYS if I hadn't!

As for the pics.....I didn't take many, as I was having too much fun wheelin. But I hope you like them.

Jeff....thanks for stopping to say hello, it was GREAT meeting you

Jay....thanks for a SUPER fun day. Can't wait to wheel with you again!!!

http://christiancrawlers.org/gallery/ma ... upstateNY/

~Pepper

PS...hey Jeff...Jay couldn't make it up this one hill and had to back down and try again....then, figuring I may have trouble coming up, he got out to watch....and I climbed it with NO problem (probably didn't even need 4 wheel drive! hehehe) :wink: And when I got to the top, I reminded him about "The Power That Is the '05". He said he now knew why he hated wheelin' with us '05 people!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Oh, yesss, The Power. (sorry Jay, couldn't help it!!!!!!) :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:06 pm 
Forum User

Looks like you had some fun. It was nice meeting you as well, wish I could have joined the two of you.

I wonder how that kid made out asking his girlfriend to marry him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:44 am 
Forum User

I definately had a good time today! Wish there hadnt been all that snow and some more mud though.

... I did not have to back down that hill because of a supposed "lack of power"... I had to back down because I was stopped right at the base of it and I started losing grip due to "not enough speed"! Pepper got a runnin start! I can remember a certain hill climb @ Paragon that this little (and mostly stock at the time) '04 made it up no problem yet the vaunted '05 didnt!!!! :mrgreen: sorry Jeff...

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:03 am 
Savage Henry wrote:
... I did not have to back down that hill because of a supposed "lack of power"... I had to back down because I was stopped right at the base of it and I started losing grip due to "not enough speed"! Pepper got a runnin start!

I know kiddo...I'm just acting out of jealous frustration at how insanely cool your X is!!! I had nothing else to pick on. :wink: You rock. You even were sweet enough to tell me (as if I didn't know, tho') to get a running start.

It really WAS super out there! I just hated those last trees we came up to. There was no way to move them. :cry:

Thanks again!

~Pep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:55 am 
Jeff...unless she hates the cold....I'm sure he did fine. He looked adorable all dressed up. I hope they make it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:02 am 
Forum User

sounded like a good time. Wish I could have gone. I'm really happy with my X, I've been out a few times and the only time I've gotten stuck was at the B2S run. Damn stump.... :evil: And I've got stock tires. Love this truck!!!

"The Retired General Weee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:06 pm 
I know exactly how to get there....and I never work weekends!!! SO any time you wanna go, I'm up for it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:39 pm 
Forum User

Pepper wrote:
Jeff...unless she hates the cold....I'm sure he did fine. He looked adorable all dressed up. I hope they make it!

Okay Pep and Jay, you guys won't believe this.

I was at Knolls Atomic Power Lab for an interview. Come out into a hallway and there is that kid that showed up that was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him!!

He said she said yes!

I about died when I saw him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:19 pm 
:lol: That's AWESOME!!! Im so glad that it went well for him!!!

How did the interview go??? I hope it went well!!!! What are you interviewing for? Mad Scientist? :wink:

Good luck....I'll say a prayer for you!!

How's the little guy feeling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:55 pm 
Geez Jeff, you have to tell me about these little outings. Yeah yeah, i have been underground lately.

Anyways, hello Jay and Pepper, i'm Lance.

I'm sure we'll all meet up soon enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:14 pm 
Forum User

Blue_Orchid wrote:
Geez Jeff, you have to tell me about these little outings. Yeah yeah, i have been underground lately.

I'm drawing a blank on who you are and how I know you... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:51 pm 
Blue_Orchid wrote:

Hey Lance!! Welcome!! I hope we can all get together real soon. I'm hating pavement again already!!!!