It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:47 pm

Post subject: Pratts Pond/Lincoln Mountain
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:37 pm 
Forum User

Ok, so I know our Fools Day Run trails got closed. But only PART of them got closed. The rest of the mountain is state run. I went through a small loop last night with my buddy again (been doin A LOT of exploring) and although our loop was pretty short, there is still much more terrain up there that is still open for wheeling. I'm going to see if I cant muster up some sort of Adirondack Trail Tour type run for us to do for the Fools Day Run. Something where we start in one place, take trails, a bit of blacktop (only a mile or so at a time) then hit more trails that take us elsewhere. Maybe even find a return route.

I think there has to be a way to connect Lincoln Mtn trails to the Lake Desolation trails. They are not too far apart. I might be able to find a way. Still exploring. So dont count out Fools Day yet!!!!

Took MODERATE damage yesterday. Once off the trail, my transmission was taking off in 2nd gear and would not shift below 2nd. However, being an electronic trannie, I turned off the truck, wated a few minutes and turned it back on. Problem solved. I not only kept up w/ my buddy's mod'd out Jeep Cherokee, but impressed him a bit by taking lines, he didnt think I could make. :twisted: My friend Reid rode shotgun with me so we have a BUNCH of good pics of the trail and vehicles. Will post when he gets them to me. My camera phone is messin up somethin feirce. :mad:

Anyways, if any of you are ever in the area and want to make a FUN and decently challenging run... let me know.

NOTE: Parts of these trails are NOT stock friendly. Sliders are almost a must and skids are HIGHLY recomended. A decent set of tires wouldnt hurt either, but I made it through with my balding stock grabbers so...

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...