It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Post subject: PMF tranny and fluid help
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:46 pm 
Noob

Hey guys, could use a hand on some small fluid changes. Transmissions are sometimes I was never really comfortable messing around with despite being a bmw tech for 4 years.
If anyone knows the PMF method or how to do it I could really use the help. Beer, food, cash, 12v electrical work, whatever ya want. More then happy to lend a hand and really want to learn how to do this. And if your willing would love to change my tcase and front diff fluid as well.
Living in an apt complex could potentially do it here in attleboro but if you have a garage definitely willing to travel.

Post subject: Re: PMF tranny and fluid help
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:28 pm 
Noob

I live in Woonsocket and I am doing the PMF Tuesday before leaving for ECXC on Wednesday along with a bunch of other things (CB install, tie rod end, diff fluid, some clean up on the X and other things needing some attention - probably be up late LOL) Depending when you want to do it we can do it after and you can bring it over to my place after I get back from ECXC. That way Ill have already done it myself too. HA

I have seen videos and pictures of people doing it, its not that hard. Have to use Nissan Matic S trans fluid tho. I still have to get a few more quarts tho. Also If you haven't don't it already the transmission radiator bypass.
Hits up the forums and you can learn and find out a lot about the Xs and how tos.
Also lots of people are super cool here and have tons of info and know tons on the Xs.

videos on Youtube - not the best but it gives you an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz44trnFyNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWHcOaHbA_w

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 am 
Noob

ErikaJayneX wrote:
I live in Woonsocket and I am doing the PMF Tuesday before leaving for ECXC on Wednesday along with a bunch of other things (CB install, tie rod end, diff fluid, some clean up on the X and other things needing some attention - probably be up late LOL) Depending when you want to do it we can do it after and you can bring it over to my place after I get back from ECXC. That way Ill have already done it myself too. HA

I have seen videos and pictures of people doing it, its not that hard. Have to use Nissan Matic S trans fluid tho. I still have to get a few more quarts tho. Also If you haven't don't it already the transmission radiator bypass.
Hits up the forums and you can learn and find out a lot about the Xs and how tos.
Also lots of people are super cool here and have tons of info and know tons on the Xs.

videos on Youtube - not the best but it gives you an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz44trnFyNg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWHcOaHbA_w

Hey there you let me know what works best. I have sundays and mondays off, I'm pretty flexible. I have a 2014 I was under the impression that the bypass wasn't needed. If it still is then definitely something I would want to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:05 am 
Noob

2014 yeah totally good !! So if you can wait a bit I can be avail 29th or 30th (Sunday or Monday) and we can do whatever fluids you need done.

PM me and we can swap #s

Alicia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:31 am 
Noob

ErikaJayneX wrote:

PM me and we can swap #s

Alicia

PMd. Thank you!