It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: PLEASE READ before you post in this section
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:33 pm 
Club Vice President

How to post in this section

What do you want?

Are you offering to help folks at your place?
  • Post when, where and what you are willing to do.
  • Expect a response.
  • If you respond to this type of generous offer, post what you would like help with, the type of help you need ("I know what to do just need extra hands" or "I don't know anything & need step by step instruction") and if you need tools. It would be nice if you offer to bring or pay for beer, cigarettes, pizza, etc.
  • Typically you must be willing to work. If you want to stand around while others do all the work, you're better off taking it to a shop

Are you doing work on your truck at your place and don't need help, but letting folks know so they can come learn and hang out?
  • Post when, where and what you are planning to do and what, if anything folks should bring.
  • Expect a response.
  • If you respond to this type of generous offer post that you plan to attend, again, it would be nice if you offer to bring or pay for beer, cigarettes, pizza, etc.

Are you asking for help at your place?
  • Post when, where and what you would like help with, the type of help you need ("I know what to do just need extra hands" or "I don't know anything & need step by step instruction") and if you need tools.
  • It would be wise to offer options on dates and incentives such as beer, bbq, pizza, attractive sister, first born, etc.
  • If you "know what you're doing" ya might get a response...if ya "don't know..." there is only a slight chance you'll get any volunteers...but WTF it don't hurt to ask.
  • Typically you must be willing to work...

Are you asking for some help and are willing to travel to get some?
  • Post what you need help with, the type of help you need ("I know what to do just need extra hands" or "I don't know how and need step by step help"), a bunch dates you are able to do this, if you need tools and how far you are willing to travel.
  • Typically you must be willing to work...
  • In the past this has drawn a better response than the previous type of request. Guys that help are normally more willing to help in their own environment, with their own tools in their comfort zone, so to speak.

**NOTE:When asking for help here please keep in mind that we are a club of hobbyists, and that the folks that might help you out are not helping you in a professional capacity. You are responsible for your vehicle and the work done on it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]