It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:51 pm 
zeeto wrote:
They don't technically make them in grade 8. What you are actually looking for is a class 10.9 bolt, it is the metric equivalent to a SAE grade 8.
Although I don't remember seeing any in your area, you could check out someplace like Fastenal. They can get you any fastener you need...

Cool. Thanks. I saw metric classes 8.8 and 10.9 on the 'net and was wondering about that.

Fastenal actually delivers to the Fleet garage we have at work. I'll try them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:36 am 
Forum User

I'm actually going shopping tomorrow for the bolts for my skid-row plate and lock-washers for the sliders. I figure I'll pick up an extra 4 bolts just in case the numbers dont match up for the sliders! Thanks guys.

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:22 am 
Well, hit another dead end. As luck would have it (or not) there is a Fastenal right here in Geneva. I went there this morning and the only thing they carry in the store is the regular metric class 8.8, which is your low strength, run-of-the-mill bolt. I actually brought one of the factory bolts in for them to measure because she was going to order the 10.9's for me.

The woman there measured it at exactly what I said, M10-1.25 x 30mm, and let me know that they don't even carry it. She can't even order it. She looked it up in the catalog and the closest one is an M10-1.5.

I'm thinking of calling Jim down at Shrockworks to see just what the hell he's sending to you guys. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:28 am 
Forum User

Jay, you got the calmini ones, right? Might be worth the few dollars to call them and just order 'em from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:50 am 
Forum User

The should be able to make that bolt for you though.

The 1.25 pitch bolt you are looking for is a fine thread M10. The 1.5 pitch is the coarse thread. Probably doesn't help too much; each of the places that I buy hardware from, that have websites, don't have the 10.9 fine thread listed.

It's extremely wierd that fine thread is being used since they are very hard to obtain in 10.9.

# Chris
# Looks like he drove down the tacky aisle with the crap magnet turned on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:11 am 
Supporting Member

Try getting a 14mm fine, 1.75 thread. They come in 2.0 pitch, but not 1.75. The only place to get them that I could find was the dealer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:54 am 
Edit: Asked a question about threading coarse into fine.....not gonna happen.

I'll keep looking.

Last edited by j. plate on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:55 am 
cornick wrote:
Jay, you got the calmini ones, right? Might be worth the few dollars to call them and just order 'em from them.

Why didn't I think of that?? :roll:

Always gotta do it the hard way. :wink:

Edit: Just got off the phone with Jason from Calmini (wierd, huh?) He tells me that the bolt is a 10mm x 30 mm with 1.25 threads, and to check Ace Hardware. LMAO! :lol: Oh well.....

Edit#2: Found the size that I needed in class 8.8. I'm gonna go with those for now to fill the holes that don't have bolts in them and keep looking to score 10.9 or 12.9 in that size. I have a feeling I'm going to have a better chance of seeing that Unicorn from the Wendy's commercials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:55 pm 
daggerdoggie wrote:
Try getting a 14mm fine, 1.75 thread. They come in 2.0 pitch, but not 1.75. The only place to get them that I could find was the dealer.

The place where I found mine has 'em. They have them all. Quackenbush Hardware in Hall, NY. But, again, they're Class 8.8. Nothing high grade.

I even went to the local John Deere dealership, as all John Deere equipment is now made with metric stuff......but no fine thread in high grade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10