It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 am 
Global Moderator

You guys crack me up.

Stephen, I'll offer the help/space up over on thenewx and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:32 pm 
Noob

Saw the thread over on thenewx. I was planning on installing a body lift with my buddy before moab. So i would love the chance to do the install with you guys if you still need someone. I can order the body lift, spray the bolts down, and get a case of beer for stephen.
Thanks.
-Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:37 pm 
Noob

Hey BklynX, this is Aldo from thenewx.org. I sent you a message that I'm in for 4/18. I'm going to order the 2" body lift from 4x4 parts, what else would i need to get, a longer radiator hose, any other parts? Please let me know how many bolts to start spraying, locations, and with what WD40? Heres some background on my truck, its a 2006 4X4 Model S Auto Transmission, i have the daystar spacer and shackle lift on it, 285/75r 16 tires, theres no step rails, it does have a factory tow hitch, everything else is stock.

Stephen let me know what kind of beer you like. Sounds good please let me know if were on, THANKS.

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:47 pm 
Global Moderator

?aldo? pm?d me today, 09:57 PM saying he wants to take advantage of the offer but did not post until now (my clock says 10:50 not 9:47, daylight savings). He also started the thread that got this going over on thenewx. I feel bad but we can only do one truck. What is fair? Can you guys work it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:10 pm 
Noob

its aldos thread and he beat me to it. I have a buddy who can help me do it in his fathers shop, so it is not a huge deal. Thanks for the offering your shop/tools/help.
-Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 pm 
Noob

thanks Ben, I truly appreciate it, i been thinking about doing this body lift for quite awhile, this may be the modification that actually gets me out to some of these 4x4 events!

Per my last email, please let me know what i need to do to get everything set for this install besides ordering the 2" body lift kit from 4x4 parts. And Bklyn.X if you can pm me directions to the garage that would be great. Youre not out in Coney Island are you?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 pm 
Global Moderator

Cool.
Ben you are very welcome bro. I?m so glad you guys could work this out yourselves. Aren?t Xterra folk the F?n best?
Stephen will chime in shortly and tell you how to prepare.
Please make sure that 4x4 parts will have the kit to you in time. Make them promise.
I?m not quite as far as Coney Island. I?m not far from the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel, just off the corner of 4th Avenue and Prospect Avenue.
The garage is in a commercial building, alarmed and on a heavily traveled commercial road so I don?t mind posting its address.
573 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215.
You can Goggle the address for directions or follow these from the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel.
Stay to the right after the toll. Exit about 100 yards at Hamilton Ave. take Hamilton Avenue, bearing left, after Draw Bridge and past Home Depot/Jetro. Make a left onto 17th street and take that past 3rd Avenue to 4th avenue where you make a left. Bear to your right on 4th Avenue, past Prospect Avenue to the 4th building off the corner between Prospect and 16th street. My cell # is nine one7-six nine7-one five84.

If anyone plans to BL their 2nd Gen Xterra in the future it would be wise to come and, at the very least, watch. All are welcome.
I?ll be there at 8am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:59 am 
Forum User

When I thought everyone bailed on this Body Lift mod day I took a job starting this Monday all through April. I not sure of the schedule yet but I will know soon. Hopefully, I can still help with this body lift. I think it should be ok, but I can confirm that yet.

2" B/L, 4.56 Gears, Titan Front Diff, ARB Rear Air Locker
PRG Titan UCAs, Radflo 2.5" Coilovers - 600lb
PRG Shackles, Radflo's 2.0 Emulsion Rears, Alcan Full Leaf Pack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:42 am 
Noob

ok I went and ordered the 2" body lift from 4x4 parts. Can anyone tell me if I need to order the radiator hose or any other parts to make the install easier? I think if we change out the radiator hose it makes life a bit easier with the install. Also, can anyone tell me how many bolts to spray down, location, and use what, WD40?

Also Stephen, let me know what kind of brew youre drinking?

Thanks,

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:01 am 
Forum User

Aldo, instead of lowering the radiator and power steering cooling hose, I just went to Napa and got a longer hose for the radiator, part # 9008. Use "PB Blaster" to spray down your body bolts, it is available at any auto parts store.

Also, do you have aftermarket front and rear bumpers that allow for the 2" BL? I never asked you that before. You must have them in order to make the BL work properly.

You don't have to buy me beer. But, if you did, I like Pacifico.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 am 
Noob

ok I'll get the longer hose, and some replacement coolant. I have some PB Blaster already, I guess I'll check out some previous posts to see where the bolts are located. I dont have aftermarket bumpers, stock front and rear, but when I spoke with 4x4parts, they said its for stock application? I also pm'd BigGrayX back in Feb., he has the stock bumpers on with this kit, no issues except with spare, has to go underneath to lower it.

Maybe BigGrayX can chime in with some additional info. He did tell me I would also need a cutting wheel, he said "i needed to notch something in the front, cant remember exactly what it was. but it was needed to clean the AC condenser (i think)"

And i will bring the pacifica beer. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:50 pm 
Forum User

Damn...wish I could make this but I'll be traveling for work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:20 pm 
Forum User

I have bad news and an apology. I am unable to attend and lead this 2" BL mod on Sunday. I am working non stop right now with 12-16 hour days back to back to back.

This is not the way I wanted this to go, but work always comes first.

I apologize and hope we can reschedule or you can go on without me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 pm 
Global Moderator

:roll:

aldo, it's up to you bro. I'm willing to give it a shot but I've never done one before. What do you want to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 pm 
Noob

Hi guys, sorry I'm a bit late, daughters birthday today. Anyhow thats ok if we cant do the lift this Sunday, we can hopefully reschedule for another time. I got the kit from 4x4parts, and the lift looks time consuming, i think i got about 30 pages of instructions. BklynX i truly appreciate you offering everything here, there's far too less generous people like you around, but i dont think both me and you could pull it off, and its not because of you but me. And SexterraPA I totally understand no apology necessary. Until next time, thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next