It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:00 pm 
Supporting Member

Svendog wrote:
Bklyn.X wrote:
You couldn't just un-load the front and bang out the T-bar with a drift?

Tried that (many times) and the anchor end easily popped out, but the adjustor end was pretty well embedded in there.

A lot of heat will do the trick. I've had to get some cherry red and then bang them out with a BFH and some Vice Grips on the T-bar. I think I had to do that to your truck or Smitty's one time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:21 pm 
Supporting Member

daggerdoggie wrote:
Svendog wrote:
Bklyn.X wrote:
You couldn't just un-load the front and bang out the T-bar with a drift?

Tried that (many times) and the anchor end easily popped out, but the adjustor end was pretty well embedded in there.

A lot of heat will do the trick. I've had to get some cherry red and then bang them out with a BFH and some Vice Grips on the T-bar. I think I had to do that to your truck or Smitty's one time.

It was mine, trying to get the stock t-bars out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 am 
Forum User

OK to follow up with everyone, Will(DM14?) the custom rims I was speaking about is from Rocky Road.

Svendog I PM'd you about those web pages I was able to save in OneNote.

Trailz how was the ride home? Also don't forget the contact info of Bass4Runner ID.

Dagger I will be contacting you in regard to the snorkel bracket on the A post, mine didn't seem to want to fit correctly, & since you do have the most experience of TJM installs. I will say your hands must be somewhat small since I need to use Will to even get the nuts onto the outside tube (Thanks again Will). I left the inner tube for later since I want to see what types of connections I can make into the Volant box, hopefully using central air type of tubing.

Was very nice to meet everyone and looking forward to seeing more of us on the trails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:50 am 
Forum User

Good morning.
First off, a BIG thanks to Svendog for having us over & all he was able to do on my truck.
I got to say I didn't like what he had to say but at least now the truck won't be tearing through CVs the second I put it in 4X4....
Now there was lock nut on that long screw to adjust the Tbars. Svendog asked me to find one in his "loose nuts & bots box". That's when I remembered the mechanic had given me back my old nuts & bolds that were removed from the BL & SL.
I was intrigued when I found BRAND NEW SLR TIE ROD AJUSTORS that were not installed but part of the steering kit! (Not that great cause I just bought & received AC TRAs last week!!! I had ordered them since my kit did not have any!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

dmpmfd - I got home ok... I pressed the pedal a little & made it in 1h40min including me stopping for gas!!! It was nice to meet you. Very quiet & knowledgeable. I really like your Baja roof rack!!!

DM14 - thanks for the bedliner.... I'll put it on those rocksliders on Monday if the weather permits!

Once again Thanks & looking forward to seeing you guys on the trails!

:-)

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:45 am 
Forum User

On another note, Svendog that middle Seat belt body bolt we found misplaced on Trailz vehicle. For some reason I want to say those were the rear bumper bolts and not for that location. I believe the rear bumper ones have the short thread on them IIRC. Considering the amount of rust on the bolt you took out probably best to just get replacements. Does anyone remember an approx. 5" bolt from the BL kit that had only an 1" to 1.5" thread on the bolt? The one we found was about that size and had at least 1" of gap from the bottom of the frame connection to the end of the bolt. Not sure what the person who installed the kit was thinking! :roll: :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:34 pm 
Forum User

Wish I was there to help, sorry guys.