It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:21 pm 
Forum User

Cool! Just let us know when you nail down a date for hosting once you have a better sense of when your parts will be in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 am 
Forum User

The rear springs will be at my house at the end of April. Since there is already 330 pounds of additional weight in the rear end, they are building the suspension to carry an additional 320 pounds with a 3" lift. The rest of the suspension will be ordered today from PRG if I can get a hold of them. I am going to hold off on the winch till a later date because of $$, but I figured I should upgrade the suspension since I am adding more weight to the already overloaded suspension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:07 pm 
Forum User

I should have my extended shackles from Whiterock Fab within another week or so for me to do my PML, then comes the trouble of me traveling for a few weeks thereafter for work. If there are still plans in the works for a mod day I'd love to do that mod then and FINALLY wire up my roof rack lights now that the weather is warm out since I'm sans garage.

Question on the lights for mod days: Does it make sense to plumb up most of the wiring to help make the final wiring work easier/quicker during a mod day, or do people prefer to see things through end-to-end as part of the experience? Just asking since I know it can be a PITA doing electrical work and I don't want to be a "labor hog" for a group mod day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:15 pm 
Club President

K29398 wrote:
Question on the lights for mod days: Does it make sense to plumb up most of the wiring to help make the final wiring work easier/quicker during a mod day, or do people prefer to see things through end-to-end as part of the experience? Just asking since I know it can be a PITA doing electrical work and I don't want to be a "labor hog" for a group mod day.

It's probably better if you "plumb up" the wiring ahead of time. If anyone wants to know how you routed things, you can show them. Taking molding, etc. apart and then putting it all back together can be a pain. And you don't want to feel rushed when doing it, so, best bet - do it ahead of time. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:57 am 
Forum User

What do you think I am looking at as far as time to install new suspension and front bumper?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:44 pm 
Forum User

the bumper being off should speed up the process.

just spray down the stubborn fasteners.

2001 SC CC Frontier
(half an xterra)

lift, tires, armor