It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 pm

Post subject: 9/16/05 - Scott's House
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:12 pm 
Supporting Member

Mostly just the first to post here; so we can claim our first mod day, anyone coming on Friday we can spend some time throwing on some last minute mods before Saturday's run. I have plenty of tools, just about everything but a welder (that will be soon). We can even paint everyone's truck a good yellow color.:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:00 pm 
Forum User

Sounds like a good idea Scott.

So..what kind of mods can we be looking forward to seeing? How about if you have one you need help with, post it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:04 pm 
does anyone have a CB whip tuner? i need my CB antenna tuned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:08 pm 
Supporting Member

I have one I can borrow. If you come to the run on the 17th, I am sure we can get it done.:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:59 am 
Noob

[quote][i]Originally posted by daggerdoggie[/i]
Mostly just the first to post here; so we can claim our first mod day, anyone coming on Friday we can spend some time throwing on some last minute mods before Saturday's run. I have plenty of tools, just about everything but a welder (that will be soon). We can even paint everyone's truck a good yellow color.:cool: [/quote]Not sure on the yellow..But my hubs could use a good lubing..:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:48 am 
one more question. i know this is an xterra club, but does anyone know how to put a body lift and a suspension lift (UCAs and LGC coils) on a pathfinder? all the mechanics want 600 or more to put on both and i'm a cheap SOB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:33 am 
Supporting Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by mudpath95[/i]
one more question. i know this is an xterra club, but does anyone know how to put a body lift and a suspension lift (UCAs and LGC coils) on a pathfinder? all the mechanics want 600 or more to put on both and i'm a cheap SOB. [/quote]

I've never done a pathy baefore, but we can take a look at it and see what's invovled. Actually the coils should be easier than the damn torsion bars on an X.:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:06 am 
well, i've got a 3 inch body lift from AC and JGC Coils and i'm trying to find HB Pick-Up UCAs for the 3 inch Suspension lift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:57 pm 
Supporting Member

People say that body lifts are easy and lifting the body itself is. It's all the pieces and parts that need to be dissconnected and moved or relocated that can trip you up. At least on Xterras, even trucks within the same year can be slightly different in how wires, brake lines and hoses are installed. It's good to have several people looking and listening while you lift.

Start now by spraying everything that you can think of with PB blaster to loosen rusted bolts, and I mean everthing. It's the little bolts and attachment points that can be tricky. It doesn't hurt to spray too much or spray things that don't need to be touched.:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:47 pm 
alright, i'll go over the body lift kit and start spraying what i think it needs. is there a day besides the 9/16? cuz my work is being a retard and not giving me the 16th AND 17th off....i requested the 17th today and i'll see if i get it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:16 pm 
I, too, need my CB antenna tuned...I've got an SWR meter I can bring if you can't get ahold of the one you think you can borrow Scott, but don't know how to use it or tune the antenna...go figure...:nIn: