It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

Post subject: Tire Warehouse
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am 
Forum User

I bought 4 new tires yesterday and wanted to give a review of my experience with Tire Warehouse store in Lebanon, NH.
So, after doing alot of hydroplaning in the recent heavy rain storms we've had here, I decided it was time to replace my worn out tires. I stopped in to a few different tire dealers in the area and had done ALOT of shopping online. I was leaning toward the General Grabber AT2's but I would have been open to most any decent all terrain tire I could get a good deal on.
Tire Warehouse was the last stop I made. I talked with Darin, who was very knowlegable and just all around really good to deal with.
I'm pretty particular about things when I'm forking over a sizeable amount of cash, so it doesn't take a whole lot for me to decide to move on to some place that better appreciates a customer. I had heard horror stories from friends and co-workers about a certain store in this chain in the past so I was already a little wary.
Darin quoted me $640 for four 265/70/16 Grabber AT2's installed - mounted and computer balanced, nitrogen inflated, new valve stems, disposal of my old tires AND a road hazard warranty that includes free rotation for the life of the tire. They have a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty and I questioned Darin pretty extensively about the road hazard warranty to make sure I wouldn't get screwed by some kind of fine print BS. He assured me that no matter if I ran over something, cut a tire while out wheeling, or even if I or someone else slashed my tires - they would relpace them.
So I was sold. He held the four tires he had in stock for me by doing the customer quote until I could get out of work long enough to have them mounted.
So here's one of the best parts. I took one final look around online that night and found the same tire in the same size for $16 apiece less at the nearest Sears store. Just the tire, I didn't call for a quote on installation. I really didn't want to drive the 40 or so miles further to get the better price but just for the heck of it I called Darin the next day and told him what I found. He told me "Hey, good job - you looked around and saved some more money". It turns out that their price match guarantee says that they'll beat any competitor's price by 5%. So instead of $135 a tire I ended up paying $113!
They cleaned the beads up on my steel wheels, waited for me to make a decision on white letters out or not and not only informed me of a loose wheel bearing I apparently needed to re-tighten after replacing my front brakes and rotors a month or so ago, they let me use the nice dry space (it was raining HARD) my X was occupying on their jacks to take my hubs apart and tighten them.
I stood and watched them the entire time they worked - and they used a tourque wrench to tighten my lug nuts! I can't say enough good things about these guys. I told them they were going to get mentioned on here and Xterra Firma and when I get done with that I'm going to email their regional manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:12 am 
Supporting Member

That's great! Good service is hard to find these days. When you find it, it's good to send business their way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:30 pm 
Supporting Member

That is outstanding.
Way to find and get a better deal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:36 pm 
Forum User

Tire Warehouse FTW!! I had a set of AT2's in 285/75/16 and loved them, great on and off road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:12 pm 
Events Committee Member

Great write up,
Glad to here that there is still great pro. service out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:57 pm 
Noob

yes very nice write up I'm sold =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:52 pm 
Forum User

I love the tires so far! They are surprisingly quiet on pavement. It's the only tire I've ever owned that would climb over a wet, dead log (a little larger than a dinner plate) from a dead stop and butted up against it without any spinning or effort at all really. I realize they are new, but I had no issues sliding off high spots or rocks either - that was really nice.

Post subject: Re: Tire Warehouse
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 am 
Forum User

I haven't been online much in a while - as I was catching up on my reading here I noticed a couple of people were asking for input on tires in the recent past.
I still have my AT2's. They now have a little over 22k on them. They have survived a worn out center link and worn lower ball joints and are now about half worn out. I keep them rotated (free rotation) every 5k.

I even got to test the "road hazard" warranty :mrgreen:
So I have a nice new one to compare the other three to.

I have been very happy with these on and off road. I run them at 36 psi in the summer, and about 34 psi in the winter. I do a fair amount of wheeling - because of where I live there are a number of unmaintained roads close by. The terrain varies from mud to rocks and ledge. I don't air them down unless I'm going with an organized run with a group that seems to be dominated by Jeeps (they complain if you don't) :guns:
To be fair, I have encountered some pretty challenging terrain with them.

I would recommend these to anyone. I know the price has gone up since I bought mine originally, but they're still much less than a BFG ATKO. No offense to any hard core BFG fans.