It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Post subject: Northern Exposure Event GG Summary
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:28 pm 
Events Committee Member

First off, Thank you Everyone for making this a Great Event. :D
I am sorry for the late start but I hope that it was worth the wait and everyone had a Good time today.
We had 19 Rigs total running the trails, and a few ride alongs. :naner2:
It was great to meet all the new people and my old friends.
Congratulations to Suresh for winning the Raffle. :thumbup:
Thank you all for your donations for Kelsey :wub: , it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you, to all the people helping spot, trail lead and tail gun, It made a much easier day for all.
I am glad that you all stayed and enjoyed more trail running after I had to leave.
There was a concern with my 88 yr. old father inlaw that my wife needed my help with at home.
It has been address and everything is OK now.
I wished I could have stayed with everyone till the end and went to the barrel.
Please post up your comments and pics.
Don't forget the Exposure pic. contest
add your pic. to be posted on the main page.
http://www.nexterra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5316

Ernie :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:53 pm 
Forum User

I had a great day! It was good to see all the new faces! Hope a bunch of you all comes out again!

Everything went well with my truck... no broken parts! Which might be a first for me! :2712:

Only thing that happened I crushed one of my dual exhausts... oops ill try to bang it out later... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:26 am 
Forum User

Who got pulled over?
My girlfriend was driving to Boston and texted me this

"I just passed a car that looked like yours pulled over, black with stuff all over it and had stickers too"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:40 am 
Forum User

Hey I just wanted to thank everyone as well. Just making my first club run overall amazing.

Can't wait to see all the pics taken and will post up some of my own soon! See you guys (and girls) next run, ore hopefully sooner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:57 am 
Forum User

Had a grat day on the trails.

Thankfully, no signifigant damage on the trails today. Managed to hit a stump that I couldn't see and didn't know about, hard, and bounced twice off of it on my crossmembers and skids, but other than the hard bounce and a bit of jostling of driver and stuff, everything went well.

I had a blast on the trails today, and want to thank everyone for their part in making the day a blast.

Unfortunately, I did have problems on the way home. Funny, no problems on the rough and tumble traisl, but on the smooth paved highway...

I was on the pike, approaching my exit for I-95N, when my radio cut out, and then the engine began to sputter. I managed to get into the breakdown lane, and then the engine died, and wouldn't restart. Managed to get a tow to the repair shop (conveniently located next door with a shared parking lot with my apartment), so I should know for certain on Monday what the problem is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:35 am 
Forum User

Hah, mighta been you my gf saw, sounds like the alternator, same thing happened to my buddys car on the way up to school once.

Sounds like it was a good day though, pissed I couldn't make it! Can't wait to see some pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:15 am 
Noob

Thanks for a great day and a great first group trail run for me! It was very cool to take part in it and Im looking forward to the next one! Im still amazed at what these rigs can do even stock! Definitely going to invest in some skids and possibly sliders and put in my 2" lift in the near future. No real damage to the truck other than some undercarriage scrapes and broken front license plate mount. I got a bunch of pictures and video of pretty much everyone so I will be posting them up once i have some free time. Thanks again and it was great to meet everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:31 am 
Forum User

Sorry I missed out guys, had some medical emergency at home! Glad to see you guys had fun! will be there next time!

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:58 am 
Forum User

Had a good time and it was great to meet some new people. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. The drive home was slow due to the slick roads because of the snow. At one point the car behind me got sick of following me and only doing 45 on the pike, he went to pass me, lost control and slammed into the concrete barrier, he bounced off slid towards me, he was able to get control and aim it back towards the barrier.

Damage report for me, a log came up and smacked my passenger door, got a dent and a scrape.

Pic of me and the X in action <-- click me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:02 pm 
Noob

Thanks guys. I had a great time. First time off roading and it was great to know that i was with people who new what they were doing!

V impressed with the Xterra as stock, the problem is now i think i I've got the modding bug :)

Looking forward to hitting soem trails again with you soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:13 pm 
Events Committee Member

Thanks to everyone for making our first time out fun and memorable! We had a blast and got out of it with just that one piece of damage that some of you saw in front of the driver's side tire. (The part that sliders would have protected!)

Going out shortly to clean it and double check to make sure there's no other damage that needs to be taken care of!

Can't wait to get more armor and join you all again!

We'll post some pics later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:54 pm 
Noob

Thanks for all the fun, I cant wait for the next run!

Here is a couple videos I got with my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sirllcrx?feature=mhum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:58 pm 
Forum User

Thanks agian everyone, we had a great time aso. I bet that place is fun in the spring! As far as I can tell so far all I got for damage was a little hole in the plastic under the bumper (lets climb that hump on the side of the trail - oops) and a crinkled license plate. There was snow on the roads north of Brattleboro, VT on the way home. It wasn't too bad, with the small amount of traffic on the roads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:25 pm 
Forum User

I had a blast on the trails with everyone!! It was great meeting all the new people and seeing their rigs. I am currently uploading all the pics and videos that I shot. They should be up soon, photobucket is being slow. Hope to wheel with all of you again soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:34 pm 
Noob

I had a great time as well. Although I had to leave after the first trail, it was still a great experience! I brought my mom with me, as she had no idea what I was trying to explain to her after I rode with Hoodie through GG back in December. I figured I would give the Hummer a shot through the woods and bring mom along to enjoy the experience. That she did! She is already asking me to promise her next time I go wheeling, to make sure I pick her up! This was my first time doing any "real" off roading in the Hummer..and I have to admit, I had a blast! Thanks for all the tips and advise, and to the people that helped "spot" me through some of the more narrow places. I know its not a Nissan...but Ive had a blast hanging with you all and look forward to the next one. Count me in!

Smittybuilt XRC8 winch on custom front mount
K&N Air filter with resonator delete pipe