It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

Post subject: Townfair Tire
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 am 
Forum User

So I dropped my X over at Townfair Tire at 8 in the morning before yesterday for an alignment. They called me at 2:45 to let me know it was done. I get there at 3:00 to realize they had not done the alignment to SLR specs (that I had given them) (this is the 2rd time they do this)
So the manager said he'd do it again & get it right.
I come back at 7:00pm (the time they close & my truck is still not done.
I noticed some black marks on the passenger front & rear door...
They got in a accident with my truck!!!!!

Now the manager comes out & says they are not responsible.... He gives me a bullshit story that: if you park your vehicle at Sears & it gets damaged, are you going to hold them responsible?"
All I could think is that I don't give my truck keys to Sears employees to fix & park my truck so what does this have to do with anything?!?!?!"
& the manager just kept saying they are not responsible.... He did try to rub the marks off with a cloth & some spray can shit...
After getting home, I noticed my sliders were scratched & there is a big bump on the rear passenger door.... So it's not just those black marks....

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO pissed at them!
Take responsibility for your mistakes!

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:53 am 
Forum User

Wow, that sucks.

Which Town Fair Tire was it? I've had good experiences with the one in Seabrook, NH

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 am 
Forum User

Brockton, MA

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:11 pm 
Club President

I'd call the BBB and fill them in on what has happened. That is not called for. I suggest calling a regional office, too, for Town Faire. They need to pay for the damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm 
Forum User

I know they should... is it really worth the trouble? are they really going to pay without a fight?!?!?! I'm just tired of dealing with shit like that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:00 pm 
Supporting Member

You need to call the regional office and tell them what happened. To scratch your sliders as well as the other items that you listed means that something questionable happened and you need to get it resolved.

It will be worth it. They are banking on you not doing anything and going away pissed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:36 pm 
Events Committee Member

They should address the issue
Call the Regional Office on this

We always have to note any damage to a vehicle before working on it
just to stop any problems before they start.

If you give them your keys and they work on it
your vehicle is in thier care until you take it back.

I'd Call !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:28 am 
Forum User

Sucks for sure!

I have heard of other places (Sullivan Tire) pulling the same shit since a co-worker of mine got new tires this past winter and a plow rammed into the rear end over night while clearing the lot. The manager tried to pass it off that they're not responsible since it he said that it was the equivalent of loaning the keys to someone else (what type of bullshit that is I dunno). Short of the long it was a bit of an uphill battle that my friend ultimately gave up on for no logical reason I can think of (and with over $4k worth of damages), but I think he could have and should have easily gone after the plow company for hit and run at the very least.

Anyways, I digress.

I would DEFINITELY press the issue with the regional manager. Why should YOU have to take the insurance hit of getting your car fixed and having your premium go up as a result of filing a claim? Forget the ethics side of them just bagging out of their responsibilities.

I'd "suggest" to the GM that they either fix the issue, or that you're going to the BBB as noted earlier on this thread, AND filing a small claims court suit to cover the damages. It's cheap money for you (less than $100 to file that you get back if judgement is awarded in your favor) and I think you can be awarded upwards of $1K.

All that aside, I'd also suggest that there is strength in numbers on this forum. I have bought from the Townfaire Tire in Newington, NH and it was a decent experience and they're usually quick and professional when doing rotations for me. I'm due for some new tires for my X, and my wife's Mazda CX 7 is also due - 8 in total. You can print this thread off and give it to the manager and say that these 8 tires and any others from this forum can easily be bought through someone else other than Town Faire unless your situation is rectified in an appropriate manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:33 am 
Forum User

Another thing to consider in the future is having the truck done on a weekend so you can stay there while they do it

2010 Honda Fit Sport 5-Speed

Post subject: Re: Townfair Tire
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 am 
Forum User

Trailz wrote:
Now the manager comes out & says they are not responsible.... He gives me a bullshit story that: if you park your vehicle at Sears & it gets damaged, are you going to hold them responsible?"

K29398 wrote:
The manager tried to pass it off that they're not responsible since it he said that it was the equivalent of loaning the keys to someone else (what type of bullshit that is I dunno).

Both are very stupid and ignorant responses. In both cases, the person who causes the damage is responsible for repairing the damage.

Additionally, the vehicle was entrusted to the shop for repair work - and the expectation is that the vehicle will come back in a better condition than when it was left - not is a worse condition.

I would call TFT and tell them if they don't repair your vehicle, you will not only file a complaint, you'll get the media involved - I recall hearing a lot about a bad economy and tough economic times, and I'm pretty sure that a news story about a repair shop causing more damage than repair to a vehicle would make these tough times even worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 am 
Forum User

I agree with what you say.... problem that place is packed like a rich man's fridge.... there's always a long lineup.... I really don't think they are hurting for business....
I'll call TFT regional people on monday....
If I were to take a bet, they'll give me the same lame answer as their manager did...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:56 am 
Club President

Push forward, Nick. Don't give up on this one. I like Rock's idea about the media. Whether they have business or not, bad publicity is never good. That flow of business coming in could easily dwindle down once the story hits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 am 
Forum User

Well I called their CS center this morning & lodged an official complaint...
Complaint is transfered to regional manager... will keep you guys posted on what goes on...
;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:47 pm 
Noob

This thread is way old, but since I'm new here I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I've been banned from the TFT in Danvers.

Dropped my friends car off at 8am to have 4 summer wheel/tires removed and the 4 snow wheels/tires installed. Should be a 10 minute job, TOPS for any shop that has a lift. My friend came back with me in my car and TFT said by noon they'd have it in and done. Yep, 4 hours to swap tires, but OK, we had stuff to do.

Fast forward. Get there a little after noon, car still isn't done. Guy says we're still in line from this mornings line of cars despite being one of the first ones at the place when it opened. They told us to come back at 3. I drive my friend back to his house and we go back at 3. Surely 7 hours to swap 4 tires should be more than enough.

My friend who is shy doesn't say anything so I open my mouth asking for the manager. Manager tells me they are busy, I tell him I'm tired of driving back and forth and stop making false promises. We get in a verbal argument with ~15 customers in the showroom area. At this point the customers are agreeing with me because they know the car, which isn't even mine has been there since 8am for only a quick swap. The argument continues and the Store Manager tells me if I don't leave he'll call the police. I told him I'd do one better and call TFT Headquarters. Thank god for smartphones. I googled in the headquarters phone number, called headquarters and filed a complaint against the store and store manager for their service and inappropriate behavior. HQ called the store, my friends car went in instantly, the tires were changed in 10 minutes from my phone call, and we were on our way. Store Manager said he didn't want to see me again in there and I assured him TFT would never see my business again, even though it wasn't my business in the first place. In the end, I got what I wanted, the customers had a good laugh at the expense of the store manager, he looked like a fool, and who knows what happened from there.

As for me, I only use Fahey Tire out of Wakefield, MA. Their service is unmatched, the quality of work is exceptional. Staff is extremely nice and the price is right. It's literally the best of everything in a tire shop. They will work on any custom wheel and tire combination, on any vehicle without any questions asked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 pm 
Forum User

Wow!
Really hate Town fair Tire....

BTW.... They never did anything about my truck... if they have an opportunity to screw you over to make a buck, they will!