It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:15 am

Post subject: "Show us your X"
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:55 am 
Forum User

Nissan is in the final stages of launching a terrific new ad campaign called ?Show Us Your X.? The campaign is designed to capture the spirit, the soul and the power of Xterra from the point of view of its most dedicated drivers.

Throughout the year, we?re going to ask Xterra devotees to have pictures taken of their most unforgettable adventures ? while they hold up the soon-to-be-iconic ?X=? card ? and submit them to a new website. But before we can start the campaign, we need to get some images on the site for our customers to see when they get there. So we?re calling on you to show people how it?s done. Ready to help? Just follow these steps:

1. Click on the link at the end of this e-mail to download your ?X=? card.
2. Get outside and shoot some of your own X-worthy photos. You don?t need to have an Xterra, but, if you?re fortunate enough to own one, we?d love see it in your pictures.
3. Remember to work the "X=" card into your photos.
4. E-mail the best shots, no bigger than 1 MB in size, to showusyourx@tdpinteractive.com before January 4, 2006.

The attached PDF has all the details on what we?re looking for and how you can submit your photos. Have an aversion to dirt, ice, snow and adrenaline surges? Don?t worry, you won?t lose your job, or get demoted, if you don?t participate.

Now, for the rest of you: Take a minute to read through the legal below, click on the link at the very end to download your ?X=? card, then go outside and do something that will make you famous ? without harming body, mind or your chances of getting to work on time Monday.

This is the legal:
Show Us Your X Terms and Conditions for Taking and Submission of Photographs

BY CLICKING ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS EMAIL, DOWNLOADING AND PRINTING THE X= CARD, YOU ARE AGREEING TO PLAY BY OUR RULES AND THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SHOW US YOUR X PROGRAM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT USE THE ?X=? CARD TO ENGAGE IN ANY ACTIVITY, OR OTHERWISE ENGAGE IN ANY ACTIVITY BEYOND YOUR SKILLS, OR ENGAGE IN ANY UNSAFE OR ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR.

YOU WARRANT AND REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE OR WILL BECOME, PRIOR TO YOUR PARTICIPATION, FULLY FAMILIAR WITH EACH OF THE ACTIVITIES THAT YOU MAY PARTICIPATE IN AND ACKNOWLEDGE COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF THE RISKS INVOLVED IN PERFORMING SUCH ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. IN VIEW OF THE FOREGOING, YOU HEREBY ACCEPT ALL RISKS ATTENDANT TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF SUCH ACTIVITIES AND AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD NISSAN, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND AGENCIES, AND ITS ADVERTISING AND PRODUCTION COMPANIES, HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OF SUCH ACTIVITIES.

All photographs submitted to the Show Us Your X website (the ?Site?) must be your original creation ? in other words, they must be taken by you. If the photographs have not been taken by you, the person who took the photograph must submit it. By submitting a photograph, you represent and warrant that such photograph is your original creation, has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work, does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any person or entity (including any rights of privacy or publicity), and is your sole and exclusive property. All photographs submitted, and all concepts or ideas depicted therein, become the sole property of Nissan and will not be returned.

By submitting a photograph, you hereby grant Nissan permission to use your image or likeness as it appears in such photograph, and to post such photograph on the Site. If you submit any photographs that contain the image or likeness of any person other than you, you agree to obtain written permission from each such person for Nissan to use such image or likeness as it appears in such photograph and to post such photograph on the Site. By submitting any photograph that contains the image or likeness of any person other than you, you hereby represent and warrant that you have obtained such written permission. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Nissan and its affiliates and agents for any action brought by a person whose image or likeness was used in any photograph without such person?s written consent.

ANY PHOTOGRAPH SUBMITTED THAT SHOWS ILLEGAL, DANGEROUS OR UNSAFE ACTIVITY, OR THAT IS OTHERWISE DEEMED BY NISSAN IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO BE OBSCENE OR INAPPROPRIATE, WILL NOT BE POSTED. By submitting photographs, you grant Nissan and its affiliates and agents permission to use the photographs, and any images or likeness of any persons contained therein, for any purpose and in any and all media whatsoever throughout the world, without compensation. Submitted photographs may be posted on the Site if deemed appropriate by Nissan in its sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that photographs depicting competitive vehicles will not be used or posted.

Whew! Okay, now to download your ?X=? card and get started, go to: http://www.designory.com/xcard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:21 am 
Quote:
4. E-mail the best shots, no bigger than 1 MB in size, to showusyourx@tdpinteractive.com before January 4, 2006.

:cry: it's over.
It's a cool idea though! I think everyone here has "x=" worthy photos. I think we shoudl send some in anyway and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:00 pm 
Forum User

yeah..i noticed that after i posted it. but you'll notice that it says

Quote:
Throughout the year, we?re going to ask Xterra devotees to have pictures taken of their most unforgettable adventures ? while they hold up the soon-to-be-iconic ?X=? card ? and submit them to a new website. But before we can start the campaign, we need to get some images on the site for our customers to see when they get there.

so i think they will be accepted more photos soon. but you gotta get the x= sign in it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:19 pm 
Supporting Member

Micah, can you say Photoshop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:26 pm 
yea i saw that too when i read a little closer, after i had posted what i posted. I'm going to take some pictures of me grocery shopping...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:30 pm 
Forum User

Funny today was the first time in a very long time I had to go the grocery store. Those places just piss me off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:03 am 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:
Micah, can you say Photoshop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:55 pm 
Forum User

i saw a commerical for this campaign tonight and the site, http://www.showusyourx.com is now live. check it out..its pretty cool.