It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

Post subject: No more X!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:42 pm 
Noob

Ok so as I today I?m officially have no form of transportation :cry:

After shooting the idea around a little, I came to the conclusion that it really isn?t worth keeping it and could sell it and build up something entirely new and more realistic for what my intentions are with it. The plan was to work my ass off for the rest of the summer till I head up to school save as much cash a possible. Leave the truck back at home 1st semester throw a for sale sign on it a wait for a buyer?
Sounds great, but of course that got shut down as soon as I broke word with the parents.
Even though I did buy the car from my dad summer of junior year it was more so as a graduation gift than anything else. Where id be able to treat it as my own car (to an extent) and be able to drive covering ? the cost of insurance. It was a great deal, who want pass it down?

Found you guys and then basically became obsessed with wheeling and want to dump parts into the x and move out to Moab lol.

I had restrictions with what I could do with it and at first it wasn?t really a big deal but then just became a PITA. Getting the clear alone to go through with shackles and extended shocks was an issue on its own lol.

I mean its understandable. It s his truck and doesn?t want it changed from his likings

I kinda figured this might of happened after realizing I wanted to get more and more into it So I stopped with the mods and settled on leavin it where it was and started just saving cash for another project.

Sooo with selling it not a option I worked out with my parents where basically id get the money pack that I paid for mods.
For what I?d like to get out of it I really cant afford it. Parts are hella expensive and

Overall yeah it kinda sucks but then again getting myself my own project to work on is prob for the best. No more going over the initial ?checking with daddy first? lol.

Ever since the beach run he?s gotten a little bit of nitch for it I guess. He liked the fact of being part of a club, wheeling trips set up as groups and fun community where everybody shares the same passion about wheeling. Recently sometimes he would sign under my name at work and lurk around the boards a lil. And Last night we somehow ended up talking about him wanting to join the club and stuff lol. And mentioned what I thought he would need to head up to RC with you guys in Oct. WTF?? LOL I Didn?t even know there was a run till I logged in 2day lol. He went from being skeptical of me driving on the beach and LI trails to now wanting to run at rausch???

He followed some of kens build and now wants to really get into the whole thing, pos step up to 33?s, skids and cut a little up front

Damn you ken!! hahah

Chris

2004 Xterra: PML / 31x10.50 R15 / Crager Soft 8 / CB & Scanner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:43 pm 
Noob

I Don?t know where I?m going as far as a new rig goes, but def. looking into and older vechical where parts are plentiful lol.

My goals for now to figure out which direction I wanna go as far as a car goes, get and idea on what kinda setup I eventually wanna run, collect parts all through out the summer and pickup vechical when the time comes or good deal

Building up a really capable wheeler where I can run the harder trails at RC and such but capabale and realiable where it still needs to be my Dd and could head out west if I ever wanted to.

Trying to stick with the whole ??do it once, do it right? kinda thing. Save myself the hassle of spending more money and backtracking

Seems relatively simple on paper, but we?ll see how this really turns out hahaha

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:44 pm 
Noob

Damn. Longest post I ever posted lol

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:19 pm 
Forum User

Hahahahahah!!
When have I ever been the voice of reason?!
I took a freakin sawsall and large hammer to my truck, and you're listening to me? LOL
;)

Glad to see/hear that you are going to try to build it up a bit.
We warned you about it getting expensive and addictive. :lol:

It's so much cooler to build up your truck instead of buying a vehicle that everyone else has just because it's cheaper. :roll:

Good luck with it, and if you have any questions you know how to get a hold of me.
L8r