It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm

Post subject: Near Boston Off Road Shops?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 am 
Just got an 06 OR- which I would make love to... If my wife did not consiter that cheating on her. coming from an old jeep I love the Nissan- I have noticed a few things that I want to mod though. I was thinking about getting some shackles for the back or an extra leaf put in to eliminate the nasty bottoming... I am looking to get into some light offroading also- anyway I live in the city in an appmt and all my tools are in VT... so- Are there any good shops that you can recomend? May get a full lift but I am happy with everything on the truck minus the heavy hit the back takes.

Looks like a great site!

-Possibly get some exhaust work as well depending on price..

All in I figure the work i am going to do- Black out rims, Add Voliant COI, Shockworks Sliders,

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:53 am 
Forum User

Well, we could probably help you out at some point and schedule a "mod day" at someone's house. That way it wouldn't cost you an arm and a leg to mod your truck and you could get advice from those of us who have already modified our rigs.

2010 Pathfinder - 2004 Titan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:09 am 
That would be cool as hell. I hate apartment living for the inability to tinker- any suggestions then on a lift that would help out the back- would you suggest a fill PRG package that has been posted for 1200? there are a ton of options but with a 1-1500 budget if someone is willing to help- I will start ordering parts and start to get some beer cold!@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:29 am 
Forum User

My personal opinion is to go with the PRG lift. If you just want to help out the rear and want a little bit of height, go with the deaver mini-pack and a set of bilsteins out back and a spacer up front.

If you're looking to wheel a little harder, go with the PRG adjustable shackle, the extended bilsteins and the deaver mini-pack out back; up front, go with PRG UCA's and Radflos (or the new Sway-a-ways) which is the $1600 package plus $99 for the adjustable shackles ($100 more for SAW front coilovers)

If I could start over again, I'd have gotten the PRG package from the start.

SexterraPA and mtdewmike both have the PRG lift and they'll attest to the quality of the products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:47 am 
i have to give it some thought- in my mind it is a new truck and the OR package withthe Bilstein shocks are touted as really good, but the bottoming out on bumps in the road will rattle yor teath...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:51 am 
Forum User

wildchild1977 wrote:
i have to give it some thought- in my mind it is a new truck and the OR package withthe Bilstein shocks are touted as really good, but the bottoming out on bumps in the road will rattle yor teath...

ahh, w/the offroad having the better shocks, fixing the bottoming out could be done with the mini-pack 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:07 pm 
Club President

I have most of the PRG lift kit. Up front I have the PRG UCA's and Radflo coilovers. In the back, I have the PRG shackles and the Calmini AAL's. Oh, and the extended Bilstein shocks in the rear from AC. I may swap those out at some point down the road.

Oh, and welcome aboard! pirate2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:36 pm 
thanks sorry it took me a month to register with this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:00 pm 
hey with my old jeep there were major issues with lifts as even ith 2-3 inches caused the angle of the axle to be too much. Have you delt with that at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:55 am 
Club President

I haven't had any issues with the rear axle and the lift. The AAL's came with shims. I know some of guys over at thenewx have issues with vibrations, but I'm not sure what they're using for shims and leaf packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:10 pm 
Forum User

Welcome Wildchild

Hope to see you some day on the trail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:49 am 
I am looking forward to it. Burlington is a great place- my wife to be went to St mikes. I am looking forward to getting onto some light trails. After august i will have some free time hopfully

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:37 am 
ok well i just broke down and got the prg aal kit- coi is also on the way. Look forward to getting it all together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:08 pm 
Noob

highly recommend the prg kit with the longer radflos and the UCAs this setup seems to work very well. or you can get titan UCA and LCA and shocks for a longer travel setup but you will have to get the axles lenghtened