It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

Post subject: Suspended!!!???
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:41 pm 
Forum User

Holy Crap!

So I'm still dealing with my ticket that I got up in Warrensburg, NY.

Have been waiting for ever for them to get back to me about the amount I owe them. I totally forgot about this ticket all together

So it turns out that they did send the info to VT and to the address I use. It probably got chucked out or something. So I call the county court and come to find out I'm Suspended in the State of NY. WHAT!!!!

So I'm trying to get this resolved using electronic means i.e. credit card, fax and e-mail. Well come to find out people still use Paper, Pencil and Checks.

Well come to find out the clerk was doing some digging around at my history in NY State. He found out that I have had a Suspended License since 1996!!! WHAT!!!

1- in Newburgh, NY in 1996 Speeding
2 - in Richland, NY in 1997 Speeding
3 - The latest one was speeding but cool cop and just gave me one for my seat belt.

So I've taken care of the one in Newburgh - $55 Paid in full

The other 2 are a little tougher to deal with.

I'm a total Idiot for not taking care of these things back in 96 and 97 but Heck. Couldn't they just send me another letter in the mail.

Well got to talk to judge Pastof at 4:45 about the one in Richland, NY.

Later

DaveP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:46 pm 
Supporting Member

NYS is a PITA for getting a suspended license fixed. Two years ago, mine was suspended. I had switched insurance companies...no big deal, except the DMV in all its infinite wisdom received a letter from my new insurance company two days before the received notice from my old insurance company that they had canceled. I got notice in the mail that my license was suspended for lack of insurance, but I ignored it since I had insurance and I just thought it was a stupid mix up. Big mistake.

A year latter one of my cop friends who I work with says, do you know your have a suspended license?

Long story short, it took me forever to get it straightened out.

What pisses me off is that they suspend my drivers license because they are idiots, but further more, to have a drivers license, I don't even need to own a vehicle.

Good luck in working with the NYS bureaucracy. We are a state of too many laws and many more idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:29 pm 
what i don't understand about nys is how they will give out of state drivers a record... for example with me.. i've gotten 2 tickets about a year and a couple months apart.. first one was less than 10 miles over... second was 84 in a 55 which i fought for improperly labeled roadways since it kept switching between 65 and 55 and the last one i saw was a 65.... anyways long story short..

I aparently have 8 points on a nys drivers license which i don't have... while in nj i have mayybbe 2 points if that... and so i'm stuck paying some driver's responsibility fee to nys for the next 3 years(200 bucks a year) for having more than 6 points on a nys drivers license which i don't have

still having trouble figuring out how this makes any sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:59 pm 
Forum User

UpDate

So Clerk/ Judge Pastof ( Ya she's both ) is kinda cool. She wanted to go the Paper, Pencil stamp route but after talking with her she is sending the paperwork via E-mail. She said it the fine would be around $250 but when it came over it was only $150. $125 for the ticket and in 1997 the Surcharge was only $25.

Nice Judge for once.

So Warrensburgh is being a little tougher. They are the ones that really like Paper. But I can sign a letter of guilt and fax it with my credit card info and address and allowing them to charge $35 so they can give me my ticket cost.?

That will be done tomorrow

Till then Drive safe

DaveP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:11 pm 
Supporting Member

This is why the first generation X is great: it helps prevent speeding tickets. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:22 pm 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:
This is why the first generation X is great: it helps prevent speeding tickets. :D

Very true!

hazardchild69 wrote:
I apparently have 8 points on a nys drivers license which i don't have... while in nj i have maybe 2 points if that... and so i'm stuck paying some driver's responsibility fee to nys for the next 3 years(200 bucks a year) for having more than 6 points on a nys drivers license which i don't have

now thats crazy. i've never heard of such a thing. I do remember getting a ticket in VA before I lived there, and when I ended up moving there, my insurance when up because i suddenly had points on my license.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:26 am 
Forum User

Don't think it is over. I got a speeding ticket (In the X of course) in 10/05 just south of Oneonta on route 88. I paid the ticket. Then several months later I get a letter saying I earned X number of points on my licenses which is another $300 fine.

In total it cost me $550 for speeding! That is almost a set of tires!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:57 pm 
Forum User

NY is absolutely the worst state for that stuff. my license has been revoked now for over a year on a 6 month revocation. all because the tickets that i get end up being floor decoration in the X. mostly my fault but when i try to get it back it takes even longer then the rvocation itself. it SUX. when i go home i drive like a grandma. thank god the uk gave me a new license to destroy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:11 am 
Forum User

Well I am almost back to 100% in NY.

I FedEx'd The money to Richland court and should be there today or tomorrow.

Warrensburgh lifted the Suspension and awaiting the Judges verdict on Wed so I can pay that fine via CC Wed afternoon.

All in All it wasn't that bad but a pain in the A$$ calling all these small town courts for info and payment options.

LAter

DaveP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:33 am 
Hope you get all situated soon. The DMV is an experience all in itself.

daggerdoggie wrote:
NYS is a PITA for getting a suspended license fixed. Two years ago, mine was suspended. I had switched insurance companies...no big deal, except the DMV in all its infinite wisdom received a letter from my new insurance company two days before the received notice from my old insurance company that they had canceled. I got notice in the mail that my license was suspended for lack of insurance, but I ignored it since I had insurance and I just thought it was a stupid mix up. Big mistake.

A year latter one of my cop friends who I work with says, do you know your have a suspended license?

Long story short, it took me forever to get it straightened out.

What pisses me off is that they suspend my drivers license because they are idiots, but further more, to have a drivers license, I don't even need to own a vehicle.

Good luck in working with the NYS bureaucracy. We are a state of too many laws and many more idiots.

Amazing.. Same exact thing happened to me. Took me forever to get it resolved also... amazing since it was an OBVIOUS mistake.

I actually have a really nice DMV lady (go figure) who gave me a print out from their computer system showing the error just in case I got pulled over with my "suspended" license.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:44 pm 
Supporting Member

I was pulled over for speeding in NYC about 6 years ago (totally my fault).

About 4 weeks later, I received a letter on how the ticket would be processed. So, I called in to contest my ticket - on the off chance that I'd get a lesser fine.

The person on the other end of the line said my court date had been moved up to the next day and I could contest in person. Since I was in eastern CT and had no time to delegate my work, I had to try to cut a deal on the phone, because I was told that, if I didn't show up, I'd be tagged and my license flagged.

What a pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:42 am 
Noob

FYI: Keep the receipts and all related paperwork w/your insurance and reg in the glove box.
My cousin was arrested in WNY for a speeding ticket that had been resolved ten+ years previous. The town justice/clerk was able to find the clerical error causing the arrest, but advised that we all keep the papers with us to prevent it in the future.

Hazardchild69: That sux! I've only experience NYS tickets as a resident and that's the first I've heard of an annual fee! (pulled over twice in six months last year in the X)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:06 pm 
yea its something about if you accrue 6 or more points within 18 months or something like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:45 am 
Noob

um er ... anyone know if NY and PA a have reciprcal points agreement ... just got an 80 in 65 on I-88 around Afton this weekend. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 pm 
Supporting Member

Um, I don't know, but I do know that you don't speed on I-88. They are always looking.