It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:25 pm 
Forum User

well, if Chara deserves to be suspended, Pacioretty should have beens suspended for his hit on Eaton (12-26-2010).

People are upset that a player got hurt - which is understandable. from the video, I don't think Chara was intending to cause that to happen.

Hell, nothing happened to Darcy Tucker when he did this and there wasn't even a penalty on the play.

And Chara isn't like Ovechkin, who seems to put numerous players in the hospital

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:07 pm 
Forum User

Chara hit a guy that was right next to him, didn't take any strides and was not moving at all yet he was able to push the guy at least 5 feet where he fell to the ice, bounced then slid another 5-8 feet into the boards. When you're 6'9" 260 and all muscle and you're playing a contact sport...people are going to get hurt. The play that hurt Pacioretty is a play that happens a hundred times a year, unfortunately a serious injury resulted from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:16 am 
Forum User

Guys.... come on!!!
Jeff - that video with Tucker has nothing to do or is not even similar to what happened with Chara.
Eric, when you were enumerating everything that was "illegal" to do in hockey, you forgot to say put your hands in the other player's face or body tackle someone above the shoulders. Both those things were done by Chara + Pacioretty didn't have the puck anymore. Although it seems like 1 second & a half is a short period time, in sports it's not. Think of a player hitting a baseball.... in a second & a half it's already in the outfield & for Chara to pretend he didn't do this intentionally is really not relevant. He probably didn't think it was going to be that bad at the time but it was. It was assault & this kind of action is not be permitted in hockey. If it's not seriously sanctioned then the NHL is not closing the door to actions that should not be found in hockey... but maybe they're waiting for someone to die before they enforce severe consequences to actions like this.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love fighting & i've been doing martial arts since I am a young boy so I am not against violence but if I want to watch fighting i'll watch UFC - not the NHL.

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 am 
Forum User

When did Chara ever touch his face?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZotMvoiNYM8
Watch the second angle, Chara's left hand pushes Pacioretty's right shoulder.

With all honesty, I am not defending Chara because he is a Bruin. I've always thought he was a good player and one of hell of a monster. He is a big, strong dude. I wasn't all that excited when we got him, I like the physical attributes he brings to our team but, after having Orr and Bourque....it's take more than that to impress me as a defenseman or a Captain. So, please do not think I am being a Rah Rah Yahoo Homer. Just calling it how I see it.

Martial arts and boxing have nothing to do with hockey, totally different forms of contact sports but, both require the participants to be able to take some contact and play through it. Montreal has always had a team that is smaller and less physical. Every time, the team gets outplayed physically, the radio stations go nuts and the fans start booing. After the game with all the fights where the Bruins won a majority of the fights, the "fighting in the NHL is ruining the sport" started coming out of Montreal. I didn't hear anyone from the Islanders calling the cops when Pacioretty hit Eaton. I didn't hear anyone ask the NHL to ban fighting after Ryan White instigated a fight with Johnny Boychuk and beat the crap out of him. They need to dig up Kordic and bring Mike McPhee and Chris Nilan out of retirement. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:23 am 
Forum User

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQ49TsJRGY[url][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 pm 
Forum User

If you feel that's what hockey is about - we'll just have to agree to disagree! Just say you have kids, you'd be ok about some other kid from the other team doing this to yours?!?!?

Don Cherry is an embarrassment to canadians... if you couldn't tell just by his clothes, he's lost what little marbles he once had!

If you couldn't see touching Pacioretty's face just watch the last five seconds of this link - can't get a much better angle then that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvnIHHl ... dded#at=35

BL, SL, Diff drop, Steering system, Shrockworks front with Warn, Megawarrior, 33'' MTs on Cragar 15X10, Gobi & Raingler nets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 pm 
Forum User

I'm done talking about this, I just backspaced all that I just typed argueing my side(it hurt to erase the part making fun of the Habs fans burning their bras protesting outside the Bell center tonight too)You're going to think I'm just defending Chara because I'm a Bruins fan and I'm going to think you're only saying Chara did it intentionally because you're dirty Habs fan. :-) So before we end up beating each other over the head with our keyboards let's just stop. We both obviously love the game, let's just enjoy the rest of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 am 
Forum User

I'm only dirty on sunday nights...... after wheeling all weekend! ;-) Am still looking forward wheeling with you buddy!
Funny how I was saying Montreal really don't see any rivalry with the Bruins..... to us, the Bruins were just another team..... I think Chara might have seen my post & took it upon himself to upgrade their status to mortal enemy! hahahahaha

peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:29 pm 
Forum User

What a game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:11 pm 
Global Moderator

I'm at the Ranger/Boston game.
Means much more to the Rangers than to Boston so I'm hoping NY can take it...

*edit*
Rangers out classed the first period.
5 shots to 17. Seems like the ice is tilted to one side.

*edit*
Rangers looked a little better toward the end of the 2nd...

*edit*

Great come from behind win!

Last edited by Bklyn.X on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 pm 
Forum User

Oh great, he was at the game too. What a choke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:59 pm 
Forum User

We keep playing teams that are in playoff mode trying to get a playoff spot and we do nothing! We play like crap, enjoy having a ice level, front row seat for the game and play with our thumbs up our ass. Not a good way to go into the playoffs. Kaberle sucks, he's done nothing since he came here but, leave his position and make passes that make you say,"What the hell are you doing??". He reminds me of Ryder and JD Drew...he's just there. he doesn't do anything, he's just there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm 
Forum User

I'm just happy to Pens locked in their spot and think it would be awesome if they ended up wining the Atlantic division, though its gonna be tough. Can't wait for the playoffs!

Go Pens!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:09 pm 
Global Moderator

I'll tell you Boston dominated the first two periods. When Dubinsky scored the Rangers came alive and Boston went flat. The Rangers are scrapy and have a great goal tender but Boston is the better team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:48 pm 
Forum User

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole, Ooooooo-le...Ole! :-p