It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:38 am

Post subject: Color Challenge '06
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:45 pm 
Disclaimer: Bare with me, this is a crazy idea i had on my drive home and i think it could be alot of fun, so hear me out, add to it or whatever:

This could be a UNYX event, or an XF event or an SOXC event or whatever, but since this is my home, im posting it here first:

I present to you, Color Challenge '06.

it will go something like this.

It will be a team based event, meaning Team Yellow, vs Team Silver, vs Team black etc etc.

the "Teams" will go down the trails as normal, like any other trail run we do. however each truck will have a number on their back window, either with shoe polish or whatever. something for the judges to identifiy the truck (more on that later)

we wll deem certain obstacles as "point areas" or "P.A's" for those of you playing along at home :) we will have several pre-appointed judges who will not be drivers, but passangers or friends or whoever (must have a working knowledge of 4x4ing, technical approaches etc etc.

so im rambling, but stay with me people! so here we are chugging along. say im the trail leader and we come up to a tough area. my passenger (who is a judge....the trail leader will always have a judge riding along) will get out at this point. at this point i will tackle the obstacle and i will be graded on how well i do. did i bang a slider. did i get stuck, did i need to use a winch, did i need more than one spotter, did i slide on a rock, did have to reverse etc etc. we will assign a point value to each of these items. the judge will stay at this posistion and watch everyone go through. he/she will rate the smoothness of the driver over said obstacle. he/she will be able to grade each truck because each truck will have a # clearly visable on the side....started to get it?

we could do something along these lines, obviosuly the logistics need to be worked out but its a rough start to my brain child.

now, i also realize that certain people (cough, scott) are more modified than others...we would have to develope a handi-cap system to keep it fair. lockers may or may not be used in certain areas. etc etc....just rough ideas. Everyone NOT with a body lift may get an extra point for a certain area, where people WITH a lift do not. you know, something ot keep it fair (think of golf).

this could be alot of fun. we could do color challenges....or even make it a HUGE event....say Nexterra vs UNYX vs SOXC vs....vs....vs...vs.

just some thoughts i had going through my head.

feel free to add comments, ideas, whatever...lets get an open forum going here.

could be alot of fun.....

edit: I just re-read what i wrote and its pretty crude as my hands could not keep up with my brain. so by "color challenge" i meant all the yellow trucks, vs the silver ones etc.

if anyone is not clear on anything speak up and ill try to explain further. but at this point i just wanted to start hashing ideas.

This could be a real fun twist on our typical trail run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:52 pm 
Forum User

The only problem is no one is going to want to be a judge. Everyone is going to want to wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:13 pm 
I think there would be a problem having only one judge for the whole group...maybe one person judges the first three trucks, and so on and so forth. That would prevent the Judge from having to walk for half an hour to catch back up to the lead truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:15 pm 
Forum User

You could just leave the judge behind and they can walk from there. I know some people who will leave their passenger behind during wheeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:36 pm 
Forum User

sounds like a fun idea Tim. I would think most anyone could be a judge if you made the point system easy enough.

how many trucks on each team? gotta keep it even, so maybe you could have multiple teams of the same color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:52 pm 
of course.

ideally, i was thinking of at LEAST 3 judges. one for the front, back, and middle.

we would have to make a system to make sure no one gets judged twice on one obstacle by two seperate judges, thus acquiring more points.

we would have to have an even # on each team, or maybe everyone vs Scott :)

but keep the ideas flowing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:21 pm 
Supporting Member

I like the idea. I would give up my time to be a judge. As long as we did it for like a half day, open wheeling the other half or something like that.

We would have to come up with some sort of objective scoring system. Something like the best line, least possibility for damage, etc. Picking a line is an important factor. That is why it is always easier to follow somebody. If they do it well, you follow their line, if they have problems, you can see where they had trouble and avoid it. It's a lot like sking or kayaking...the line is not the next turn, it is planning several steps ahead. If we did it in teams, you could judge how the next person followed or adjusted as well.

Planning a scoring system would be key. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:41 pm 
exactly!

im liking the ideas so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:46 pm 
Forum User

Pretty cool idea.
If we gave points for going through the fastest I think TJ would win hands down. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:50 pm 
Supporting Member

O1SalsaX wrote:
Pretty cool idea.
If we gave points for going through the fastest I think TJ would win hands down. ;)

He would loose points for breaking shit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:59 pm 
Forum User

hmmm....where do I fit in on a color challenge?? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:11 pm 
Forum User

i think this is a great i dea. it also gives me another excuse to get out there and wheel. hopefully we can do something like this after christmas. the good shit for the truck is gonna be put on then. we can also even twis it some more by keeping the xterras together and putting them up against some jeeps and other trucks. javascript:emoticon(':twisted:')
Twisted Evil this could be a whole other event. i just whant to get back out there.

Post subject: Re: Color Challenge '06
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:32 pm 
Supporting Member

Agent Boost wrote:
this could be alot of fun. we could do color challenges....or even make it a HUGE event....say Nexterra vs UNYX vs SOXC vs....vs....vs...vs.
*Sniff Sniff* Do I smell a challenge? :idea:

Nah seriously,I like this idea....We could do it in the spring time when the weather's a little warmer.

Here's an idea..Instead of us (NEXterra) and UNYX going against each other we should do it where it's say like 1 UNYXC paired up with one NEXterra person and work together as a team that way...Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:34 pm 
Forum User

furyX wrote:
hmmm....where do I fit in on a color challenge?? :wink:

Unfortunately for you, you would be paired up with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:38 pm 
Supporting Member

Gene, good idea! Our clubs have wheeled together very well. I would rather see a challenge of teams, rather than clubs. It may also help people to get to know each other.

Another thought, we have judges ride with the driver, do a course challenge, and then switch judge and driver in their own truck. That way, everyone gets to drive the course and the judge can make sure people like me don't cheat and click on the lockers. :D