It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 11:38 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:16 pm 
Forum User

I like the UNYX sticker. That sticker is HUGE! But that is what is needed. I have become a snob when I see X's on the road and think they poor X will never see dirt or rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:02 pm 
Forum User

nice pics mike! trucks lookin good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:34 pm 
Upon further inspection...

Trail Damage Report:

Pinched Tail Pipe (mildly...more of a knick)
Pulled fender from tire (twice!)
dented skid plate (at least it wasnt the oil pan!)
dented other skid plate (at least it wasnt the tranny!) (both happened on Turtle's Tail when I tried that hard line that everyone said...don't go there)
crunched cross member (at least it's better than the T-Case, and it's not really that bad...same spot as the skids from trying to slide across a big ass rock)
dented slider (small dent from coming down hard in the rock formation in the play area)
scraped up Diff (may have been preexisting...don't actually remember hitting my diff this time out)
broken cb antenna mount (damnit!)
tons and tons of scratches
the crack grew in my bumper
cracked a turn signal from the ice
and cracked a fog light from the ice...

But, I'm not complaining...Scott got the worst of the TD...
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:00 pm 
Forum User

Man that sucks Scott. Hope the $ isn't bad. :cry: Next time mount the amps like I did, in the seat backs.

If the ECU did get wet, I should do something about keeping mine dry just in case. I have a habbit of driving into water holes without testing the depth too. Is it under the seat or the dash?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:11 pm 
Forum User

Well I had a blast, thanks for a great weekend. Scott, I hope everything works out with your truck. Can't wait to do it again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:37 pm 
had a freaking blast!

sorry i had to leave bright and early, had to be home for some stuff...i was on the road by 7am.

Scott, im sorry man, i hope it all works out. i was thinking on the way home how tough it must be to be a trail leader....i mean shit you're going through stuff blind. I know when i run the trails, i pay close attention the truck in front of me, noting how much clearancae they have, how they approach obsticles etc etc. so again, thanks man, i dont have the courage (balls) to lead a trail yet. its just unfortunate you had to find out the hard way that the mud hole had gotten a bit deeper....but hey, you could have been the jeep in the middle of the lake (right jeff........)

but i had a great time, its so nice to get out with a bunch of people that share the same passion that i do. makes it oh so much more fun. and i want that back bumper witht he swing away mount!!!!!!

Trail Damage:

Dented front engine Skid from turtle trail
dented frame....bad...came down HARD on a rock (i think Garrett was behind me and heard it lol)
Crushed tail pipe
lots more scratches
Oil light is flashing on and off....i think its an electrical short. it flickers on and off over bumps and what not...checked oil levels, all are good.

sooo, whens the next event!? next time im bring a truck full of my college buddies....gonna get rowdy this time, no more wimpy headaches (spare me)

and btw jeff, real men choose the "big south burger"
and Scott, let me know when you're ready, i can shoot you some '06 Mac pricing......:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:44 pm 
Forum User

I had a great time again too!! Gonna be replaying the weekend in my mind all week long...:D

Sorry to hear about your truck Scott...and it was running for soo long since the incident. Gonna keep my fingers crossed for you that it's merely the alternator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:59 am 
Id also like to point out, that as of this writing, it is confirmed that Scott is now a local minor celebrity.

his "sinking submarine" is my background and all my co-workers think you rock!

just thought id help make light of the shitty situation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:12 am 
Forum User

I should the picture to my father and his quote "Was what is the point of the snorkel?"

In all serousiness I hope it is not bad in the $$ department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:20 am 
Noob

Agent Boost wrote:
s

Trail Damage:

dented frame....bad...came down HARD on a rock (i think Garrett was behind me and heard it lol)

I can definitely validate the louds clangs that went with it....Although had had more than a few of those on my own....hard to get over that nasty scratching, scraping, grinding metal sound...that I heard so frequently.....

This trip was so awesome....cant get over the crap we went over and through, even those of us that were still bone stock (I still have the rear locker na-na-na-na-na-na). Incredible group of people with their bad@$$ machines....

Especially the Xterra to submarine conversion....I kept waiting for Scott to come back with Bond, Scott Bond.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 am 
Forum User

GBech, The nice think about the 05 is everything is nicely tucked in the frame. My muffler is a bit smashed and diff a little scrapped. Not to mention my front skid.

I guess I am not the only 05 to hit everything on the trail

Smached front skid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:32 pm 
Forum User

Agent Boost wrote:

Gbech wrote:
can definitely validate the louds clangs that went with it....Although had had more than a few of those on my own....hard to get over that nasty scratching, scraping, grinding metal sound...that I heard so frequently.....

And I was behind Garrett at the time...utterly shrieking at some of the nioses I heard coming from both of you guys. :lol::lol:

Good to hear that neither of you took any serious damage though, :thumbup: for effort!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:43 pm 
Noob

Glad to know we could provide some entertainment...

Went through the video last night, go some good stuff. Will try and rip it one of the nights this week and get it posted. Had some minor camera manfunctions (it is 8 years old) and about 5 minutes of filming my Dad's butt when he forgot to hit standby when putting the camera down.

Coming up that first incline- got a sweet shot of the Red X pulling that front wheel off the ground at the top.

Good times...good times....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:56 pm 
Forum User

oh man, oh man, can't wait to see it!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:25 pm 
Supporting Member

Agent Boost wrote:
Id also like to point out, that as of this writing, it is confirmed that Scott is now a local minor celebrity.

his "sinking submarine" is my background and all my co-workers think you rock!

just thought id help make light of the shitty situation!

Glad there is some good that came from it...my 15 minutes of fame! :D

Garrett, I'll take it shaken, not stirred!

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next