It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:10 pm 
Supporting Member

I'm still planning on it. Any questions?;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:20 pm 
Hey, I am still down for the run!

I am leaving Monday to go to my mothers house in Whitesboro and then heading to the inlaws and to pick the wife up from the Airport on Thursday morning. Can I PM my cell to someone so you guys have contact with me?

I've got some work to do to the truck while I am up in NY.

1. Pull out my frame stiffeners because I sold my hitch to a guy in NYC and will drop it off on the way home. (I have a shrockworks rear bumper coming).

2. Oil Change

3. Attach my warn winch remote extension (Jim sent it and my wife is bringing it when she flys up Thursday since it arrives on the 22nd).

4. Finally mount my stainless skid once I get the winch remote extension mounted inside the bumper and to the selenoid.

5. Pull my winchline out and spool it under tension.

Just some little stuff, no biggie really but I need to get it done before the run! If anyone is near Whitesboro and has a heated garage let me know! I don't think my X will even fit in my mothers anymore since it has been lifted. It barely fit stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:25 pm 
Oh yeah, I don't have a functional CB right now because my antenna and mount was yanked off my roof rack during my last run and I am waiting for my rear bumper to arrive before mounting my new antenna.

Hopefully it won't be much of an issue not having the CB up and running.

-Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:56 pm 
Supporting Member

I waiting for the same thing. My window mount was ripped off on my last run too.:(

We tend to use FRS anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:06 pm 
Is FRS those little handheld motorola type radios? I have 2 of those I will need to dig out if that is the case.

Also, is the date set for Saturday? My wife has one hell of a knack for scheduling me for crap when I have wheeling to do (which was planned before her crap). I will get out of it though since last weekend event I completely missed because of her (after I had planned it for 2 months she decides to inform me her family is visiting 2 weeks proir and could I be there).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:50 pm 
Forum User

[quote][i]Originally posted by Suspect2[/i]
1. Pull out my frame stiffeners because I sold my hitch to a guy in NYC and will drop it off on the way home. (I have a shrockworks rear bumper coming [/quote]

do you not need the frame stiffeners with the shrock bumper? just wondering because i'm buying a hitch off someone else who's getting a rear bumper, and i need to get some stiffeners..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:57 pm 
Yes, you need stiffeners. Jim makes them and ships them with the bumper. If you are buying a hitch from someone get his stiffeners. They are about $100 and are come with the OEM hitch. You can't even mount the hitch on my truck unless the stiffeners are in the way it is designed. The stiffeners are what are threaded to allow the hitch to secure. The frame simply has holes drilled in to it for the bolts to pass through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:09 pm 
Supporting Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Suspect2[/i]
Is FRS those little handheld motorola type radios? I have 2 of those I will need to dig out if that is the case.

Also, is the date set for Saturday? My wife has one hell of a knack for scheduling me for crap when I have wheeling to do (which was planned before her crap). I will get out of it though since last weekend event I completely missed because of her (after I had planned it for 2 months she decides to inform me her family is visiting 2 weeks proir and could I be there). [/quote]

Those are the radios.

I could wheel either Saturday or Friday, but not both. If Friday is better, I could change my plans, actually that could work better for me, but I can do either.

What about everyone else?;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:11 pm 
Friday works better for me!!!!!! I can do both though. I would make the wife happy if I went Friday though because then Sat we could do her "family" plan thing-a-ma-bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:24 pm 
Supporting Member

Similar to my situation, only not my wife, but she wants to have dinner here on Saturday, and I have been battling that one. Friday would save me.:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:19 pm 
Forum User

Friday should work for me. My wife does the whole "black friday" thing, so i'm free..plus I would not be ina rush to get back on Friday like I would on Saturday.

One question though...is it a good idea to off-road during hunting season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:23 pm 
Forum User

Scott's X is yellow. I think you will be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:35 pm 
Forum User

just don't wanna piss them off and have them open fire on us.

[img]http://dawgbones.com/phBB//images/smiles/guns.gif[/img][img]http://www.unyxterra.com/images/blacksm.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:36 pm 
Forum User

[quote][i]Originally posted by mpm[/i]

[img]http://dawgbones.com/phBB//images/smiles/guns.gif[/img][img]http://www.unyxterra.com/images/blacksm.gif[/img] [/quote]
:rofl::rofl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:55 pm 
Forum User

Nice! They won't. He is this a stock friend run. If friday that makes it more of a possibility of attending. Looks like I might not have to work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next