It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:03 pm 
Forum User

So with Scott out, and Dave maybe out, it would just be Mike W and Tom running in the modded group.

So...who wants to be trail leader for the kiddie group? :)

EDIT:

Unless Mike doesn't bring the Sami, then we'd probably just be one big happy group, BEGGING Mike and Tom to lead us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:48 pm 
Forum User

I would be with the green/blue group

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:31 pm 
Forum User

just guessing, but i would think vengeful would be running with the advanced group. is this true dan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:55 pm 
I could fo either or. Im fully armored and have done like 4 runs since sept. I should be able to handle everything with the excpetion of water crossings.

Quick? What is the thread and size of the breather hole in the rear diff?
My breather hole nipple broke and need to replace it for sat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:18 am 
Global Moderator

Sorry to hear you won?t be making the trip Scott. :( If I?m reading the attendees list correctly the only reason not to have a ?moded? group would be if Dave (Alliedacid), Dan (vengeful) and George (geo17pip) don?t come and Mike (MwolfhopeX) doesn?t bring his truck (does that mean no sandwich?). I?ve wheeled with both Micah (mpm) and Anthony and think they are able to lead a stock group. If the worst happens and I have to lead I certainly will but you guys will need to help me out. I think I?ll have a tough time picking out trails for a stock group, they?ll ether be too boring or someone?s truck will get fucked up. I?d rather sweep for Dan.
If there is no ?moded? group maybe we should put together a list of who wants to do what using the ECXC standard taken from their site and go from there.

Stock trails - Stock trails range in difficulty from flat dirt roads to slightly off-camber and rocky trails. Stock trails can best suited for inexperienced wheelers and bone stock vehicles. Threat of vehicle damage is non-existent as long as you drive responsibly, however brush scratches are possible. Trails that would be included in this at Paragon would be Green 1 and Green 2 trails and easier green trails at Rausch Creek.

Intermediate Trails - Intermediate trails offer more of a challenge for slightly modified vehicles. Trails will be rockier, may have more off camber situations and may include rocky creek crossings. Bone stock vehicles can handle most of these trails, but without skid plates and rock sliders, both undercarriage damage and rocker panel damage should be expected. The threat of damage on these trails is minimal, but should not be unexpected. Careless or inattentive driving will result in body damage. Trails that would be included in this at Paragon would be Green 3 trails and harder Green trails at Rausch Creek. The easiest Blue trails at both parks may be taken if the group make-up allows for it.

Advanced Trails - Advanced trails are rocky, tight and off-camber. Most of these trails should only be attempted with a 32" tire or larger unless full protection of the undercarriage and rocker panels are available (or you just don't care about your truck). Any vehicle with smaller than 32" tires will spend a good part of the day at the end of a tow strap or winch (bring your own winch bitch). These trails require attentive driving and concentration. The threat of damage and breakage is possible, but careful and responsible driving should greatly reduce the threat to minimal. If you do not want damage, don't take these trails because it is possible. These trails include Blue 1 and Blue 2 trails at Paragon and Blue trails at Rausch Creek. Depending on the group make-up some Blue 3 trails at Paragon may be taken.

If you?re definitely coming pick your poison and we?ll see where we all stand and adjust accordingly.

I?ve been wanting to run trail 47 (Rocky Meadow, a blue 2), it?s ether been closed or our group had to back out. I?m hoping to get my chance this weekend so...

Bklyn.X (Tom) - Advanced Trails sweeping or as part of a group. :D

If the officers feel I?ve over stepped with this suggestion please delete this post, I will shut up and do what I?m asked of to help out. :D

Last edited by Bklyn.X on Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:03 am 
Forum User

bklyn.x wrote:
If the officers feel I?ve over stepped with this suggestion please delete this post, I will shut up and do what I?m asked of to help out. :D

Not a problem Tom. Like you said, as long as you can get one or two people to join you on the harder trails, I see no reason why we can't split up.

I'd be happy to lead the stock group if need be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:16 am 
Global Moderator

mpm wrote:
Not a problem Tom. Like you said, as long as you can get one or two people to join you on the harder trails, I see no reason why we can't split up.

Thanks Micah, what would you and everyone else prefer to do, Stock, Intermediate or Advanced trails. Leading, Sweeping or just as part of a group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:17 am 
Forum User

brockhampson wrote:
Quick? What is the thread and size of the breather hole in the rear diff?
My breather hole nipple broke and need to replace it for sat.

I have a spare if you don't get one by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:21 am 
Forum User

bklyn.x wrote:
I?ve wheeled with both Micah (mpm) and Anthony and think they are able to lead a stock group.

Well I've never been to Paragon, so I woudn't feel very comfortable leading. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:24 pm 
Forum User

anthony wrote:
bklyn.x wrote:
I?ve wheeled with both Micah (mpm) and Anthony and think they are able to lead a stock group.

Well I've never been to Paragon, so I woudn't feel very comfortable leading. :lol:

It doesn't matter. I have been there 5 times and still can only figure out how to get to the play area. RC I can pretty much lead anywhere, PAP is a challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:38 pm 
Forum User

bklyn.x wrote:
mpm wrote:

Thanks Micah, what would you and everyone else prefer to do, Stock, Intermediate or Advanced trails. Leading, Sweeping or just as part of a group.

I'd prefer to avoid the advanced trails, but as far as stock/intermediate groups, I wouldn't mind sweeping or staying in the middle of a group to provide any support that I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:41 pm 
Hey all:

Just to give a dress and weather update. It will rain Friday, so it will be v.wet and muddy on the trails. If anyone has a winch and pulley, bringem. Likewise it will be cold (29* realfeel), so bring the appropriate clothing and foot wear. Make sure your heaters work too.

Sunrise Information
Sunrise: 7:10 AM
Sunset: 4:36 PM

Anthony, I think i have found a match. Thank you for the offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:55 pm 
Global Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:04 pm 
Noob

Im still in. So is there going to be two groups or are we going to have one big one? I would run advanced but it doesnt matter to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:07 pm 
Noob

Kim wrote:
Ok Scott that is the most depressing news I've had in awhile. No Jonelle!! I need someone to talk brownies with when everyone starts discussing the trucks. Sigh.

Oh and I don't want anyone else to think I'm saying that you guys are not fun, but like I mentioned above, talking about brownies wont be the same without Jonelle there. Sniff Sniff... :(

You can talk brownies with my girlfiend if you want lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next