It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Back to School Run 2016
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:43 pm 
Club Treasurer

Just dropped the xterra at the tranny shop. Let's see what happens

Sent from Nov. 5 1955

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm 
Forum User

Sorry I haven't signed up yet, not really sure what I'm doing...I want to come up for the socialization and maybe jump in with someone else - I'll sign up now and pay just in case.

The main reason I came here though was a post I just saw on the Little Monadnock Family Trails Facebook page...it reads: It has been brought to our attention that there appears to be some vandalism on the trails. On the Mackey Rd side; Nails have been found scattered on the trails. And twice this past weekend the boards at the A Frame bridge on trail 340 were flipped so the nails were up. We are asking for anyone with any information to please contact us at 603 239 6343. While out on the trails, if you come across something, please contact the authorities. Please ride safe.

Just FYI to everyone in case I don't make it (and wasn't sure if it had already been posted somewhere else).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:58 pm 
Forum User

With Michelle's post in mind, and the rest of the junk that was happening at Freetown, etc., I dont think we are gonna make it to the wheeling part of this run. I think we will still be there sometime later in the day, but we arent going to risk anything happening to the truck. Damn tires cost close to $500 each, and with just making an offer on a house, we cant risk the cost.

Hope everyone keeps an eye out for themselves and each other. Stay safe everyone and hopefully we will see you Saturday night!

BTW, Dave L., working hard on your blanket, hope to have it done, but cant promise for next Saturday (thanks to the house stuff) trying like hell though!!! Found a great beige color for you!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" - Phil. 4:13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:20 pm 
Club Vice President

Scratch wrote:
...we arent going to risk anything happening to the truck. Damn tires cost close to $500 each, and with just making an offer on a house, we cant risk the cost...

Wheeling is inherently risky. I always expect some damage (from trees, rocks, stumps, gremlins, idiot driver, etc.) & budget something for repairs. Try to avoid it but if it does happen, atleast I'm not totally upset. :roll:

It's all about risk management. Have a personal risk threshold & rethink options when that threshold is exceeded. I personally don't believe the risk is any greater at LMFT than any of the other properties we run... but there are no guarantees & shit does happens.

I'm looking forward to a fantastic weekend of wheeling at B2SR. Hopefully you guys will make it out to the dinner & raffle atleast.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:24 pm 
Forum User

DirtySocks wrote:
Scratch wrote:
...we arent going to risk anything happening to the truck. Damn tires cost close to $500 each, and with just making an offer on a house, we cant risk the cost...

Wheeling is inherently risky. I always expect some damage (from trees, rocks, stumps, gremlins, idiot driver, etc.) & budget something for repairs. Try to avoid it but if it does happen, atleast I'm not totally upset. :roll:

It's all about risk management. Have a personal risk threshold & rethink options when that threshold is exceeded. I personally don't believe the risk is any greater at LMFT than any of the other properties we run... but there are no guarantees & shit does happens.

I'm looking forward to a fantastic weekend of wheeling at B2SR. Hopefully you guys will make it out to the dinner & raffle atleast.

I'm sure we will be there for the dinner and raffle. Its just a mess of a weekend anyways...brother in law wedding on Friday night, then B2SR Saurday, then my dads bday on Sunday...youre right that the risk isn't any different really, but with it having happened so recently, we cant chance it...if that post were like a month ago it would be different I think

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:51 pm 
Supporting Member

my tires eat nails for breakfast...

we bash these things into rocks, trees, each other :cheers: etc.

flipped boards on a bridge and scattered nails on the trail is that a joke? you'd need something wayyy bigger to stop my rig and me from having fun!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:54 pm 
Supporting Member

MtDewMike wrote:
LizardKing wrote:
keep forgetting to check this thread. Be too damn busy. And I missed the shirt cut off! :mad:

Oh well. Up my guest count to 3 in case you are counting heads for Saturday night food.

Really looking forward to this event!

I updated your guest count, thanks, Keith.

And I have you down for an XL shirt.

Nice! Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:28 pm 
Forum User

Scratch wrote:
. Damn tires cost close to $500 each, and with just making an offer on a house, we cant risk the cost.

Damn!!!! What tires cost 500 a pop???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:32 pm 
Global Moderator

Blk11Xterra wrote:
Scratch wrote:
. Damn tires cost close to $500 each, and with just making an offer on a house, we cant risk the cost.

First thing that entered my mind.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:31 pm 
Noob

sorry the signed up so late men but i never miss this run I'm coming i hope I'm gonna take off friday

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:03 am 
Forum User

Will there be a breakfast on Sunday, like last year, where everyone brings something to contribute ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:32 am 
Club Vice President

Blk11Xterra wrote:
Will there be a breakfast on Sunday, like last year, where everyone brings something to contribute ?
Nothing official from the club. If you want to organize it, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:02 am 
Forum User

I was thinking of making a shrimp and corn chowder for dinner on Friday. I'll be happy to share with anyone whose there, just need an approx headcount. Anyone want some??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:09 pm 
Forum User

Fiachra wrote:
Blk11Xterra wrote:
Scratch wrote:

First thing that entered my mind.

First, by each, I meant 500 for front and 500 rear. Costs more than that actually to get the alignment and shit done on top of it. Whatever. Price doesn't matter. What matters, DCX, is that YOU can crash the hell out of your truck into rocks, trees and other people if you want, but this is our daily and we aren't going to risk it. And no, it isn't a joke. If the posting were older, it would be different, but its new, and between all the stuff that happened at Freetown and even something as small as this, Id rather be cautious than stupid. But hell, if you want to pay for new tires for us if shit does happen, let us know!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:57 pm 
Club Vice President

Folks - let's keep this on topic...B2SR.

This thread is not for debating why someone wheels or does not wheel. Please note that I will delete any post that is trying to hijack the thread.

I hope to see you all in 2weeks. I'm almost ready, just need my new hawse fairlead from Factor55 to be delivered so I can replace the current crappy Smittybilt one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next